Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    canaca.com - They sent me an e-mail advising me that my account had been up for automatic renewal but that my card had expired so they had closed the account.

No request for a new expiry date on the card,nothing, just the one e-mail telling me the account was cancelled. When I called them to give them the new expiry date for the card, they said it was too late and I would have to purchase a new account, then quoted me a price that was almost double what I had been paying, and would still be paying if they had not cancelled the account.

I have asked around and apparently they are doing this to many of the accounts that were grandfathered in at the old rates.
    George Dolidze likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Add this to the list of ongoing scams out there.

I get at least 1 piece of mail a week informing me a domain I have registered is fixing to expire and that I need to come to their site ( not my registrars site ), and renew for the amazingly low price of $35.00 a year...

US DOMAIN REGISTRARS is the name of the company.

If you look with a magnifying glass at the bottom of the page ( literally you do have to use something to read it ), it states this is an advertisement and is not a contract renewal letter ), but for the un informed, it's a trap, scam whatever you want to call it.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Thanks for the heads up!
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Looks like a scammy website anyway

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    I get those in the snail mail all the time. I know who I'm registered with, so I just toss them.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I've got two random letters about domain/SEO. one said my domain was expiring (when I was sure it wasn't) and after a minute I realized it said "Advertisement" on the back on the letter...LOL

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    But isn't it against the law to harvest the domain registry for solicitation purposes ? Thought I read that one on ICANN website... Of course there are numerous ways of getting that info.

I had people call me on the phone ( work phone ), offering web services, when I let them know it's illegal to use domain registration information for solicitation, they hang up. So it must be, guess they see it like speeding ... It's only against the law if you get caught.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I'm sure glad you guys know all this stuff. I might be just blonde enough to fall for one of these traps. Well, maybe not. But if I got an email containing this kind of subject matter, I can't say that I would immediately dismiss it as rubbish. First I'd investigate, then I'd call it rubbish. I've been online all day scouting for free web hosts. I'd like to get some of my local projects published. While finding free hosts hasn't been a challenge, what has been is finding one that communicates with Dreamweaver. I thought I just found a decent host, but I'll be damned if I can even get connected to them via Dw. I might just break down and buy server space. I think some go as low as 5.95 a month. That's not entirely terrible. I'll just have to not drive for about 3 weeks. $72.00 is 3/4th tank of gas for me.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisHPZ, post: 217969
    I'm sure glad you guys know all this stuff. I might be just blonde enough to fall for one of these traps. Well, maybe not. But if I got an email containing this kind of subject matter, I can't say that I would immediately dismiss it as rubbish. First I'd investigate, then I'd call it rubbish. I've been online all day scouting for free web hosts. I'd like to get some of my local projects published. While finding free hosts hasn't been a challenge, what has been is finding one that communicates with Dreamweaver.
    That's because DW sucks...
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisHPZ, post: 217969
    I'm sure glad you guys know all this stuff. I might be just blonde enough to fall for one of these traps. Well, maybe not. But if I got an email containing this kind of subject matter, I can't say that I would immediately dismiss it as rubbish. First I'd investigate, then I'd call it rubbish. I've been online all day scouting for free web hosts. I'd like to get some of my local projects published. While finding free hosts hasn't been a challenge, what has been is finding one that communicates with Dreamweaver. I thought I just found a decent host, but I'll be damned if I can even get connected to them via Dw. I might just break down and buy server space. I think some go as low as 5.95 a month. That's not entirely terrible. I'll just have to not drive for about 3 weeks. $72.00 is 3/4th tank of gas for me.
    Lol dude. If you want free or really discounted hosting (I gave George Dolidze free hosting for his website) just PM me here.
    chrisHPZ likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads