Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Company: FASTNET (www.fast.net)
    Rating: 8/10

My work uses this company for their website. I am extremely pleased with the hosting services, and I only have two gripes.

1) On their signup page they offer "FREE Domain Registration!" What this means, is that they will REGISTER your domain, while you pay the reigstration fees. This is very misleading.

2) $$ Although I'm not personally paying the bill, we're paying $18/mo for a relatively small amount of space.

Her'es the plan I'm using:
    Disk Space: 100 MB
    Transfer: 3500 MB per Month
    Front Page: Yes
    POP3's: 15
    FTP Access: Yes
    Email Aliases Unlimited
    mySQL: 10 MB

To counter those statements above, they have never been down in the 8 months I have used their servers. I mean NEVER. Granted I'm not on the website every second, but I'd call that amazing by my standards. Also their support is excellent. All of my questions have been answered within 20 minutes, and if there are any pressing issues we have a 1-800 number to call them. Their servers are always extremely fast and I've never dealt with any slowdowns on the server end.

Overall rating: Great host, a little pricy, but very professional and trustworthy.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    A 1-800 number is a great feature. Sounds like you're paying for it though, but that's good to know: a good host with toll free phone support. Thanks for the review.

Remove Ads