Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone,

Forgive me, but I don't know the nature of my problem with 100% accuracy yet.

Today, a site I was working on for a client turned into this.

At first I thought her domain contract had run out, but she owns it until 2016. Her hosting plan hasn't expired either.

I looked through the site files and saw nothing new or different. then I deleted them -- currently there is absolutely nothing in her root directory -- and this stupid link page remains. There are directories above this site, I was only given ftp access to the directory this site is in... so it's possible that there is something above the site messing it up. I'm waiting to hear back from the host admin, but if anyone has had experience with this issue I'd much appreciate any advice.

thanks

p.s. if anyone knows the term for the annoying type of link site I'm dealing with I'd love to know it.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Looks like a DNS pointer hack.

Check to make sure your DNS records have not been modified.

Have your hosting admin check their Host headers to make sure they haven't been modified either.

Either could be sending traffic there.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Um I got to the site just fine

Remove Ads