Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi

For hosting a social networking kind of website made in PHP, YII platoform , please suggest what hosting will you suggest ? There are cloud options and PAAS providers like phpfog. It is very confusing.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You can choose cloud platform to host your social networking website, however, you will have to determine what type of cloud solution you want to use In my opinion, first you need to pick one who offers the auto scaling resources according to the needs, then discuss your concern issues regarding to cloud platform with service provider they should be able to guide you in the right direction

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    My first suggesting is to explore shared hosting - I personally like HostGator but there are several good choices out there. And shared hosting is dirt cheap, and requires no server administration on your part.

If you need or prefer your own server, consider a Linode.com vm - it's not a cloud server (no charges by the up-hours or bandwidth) but just a vm with a straight monthly fee. The cheapest server option is only $20/mo and you can choose from a couple dozen different Linux distros (which you select and install yourself with a single mouse click). Once you get the server set up, your main access will be through ssh (and ftp if you want to leave that port open).

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    HostGator.com and ShoveHost.com are my two favorites. I like HostGator because of their good support and standard cPanel, while I like mine because it's mine...

Remove Ads