Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys,

Weird questions for you. My website is running in Zeus type server. This type of server does not support htaccess file.

So my question is how to add www in front of my domain name, or even redirect the page to add it automatically.

Looked all over the net cant find it.

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The www is what is called a cName ... Normally when you register a domain name, it is automatically setup with an aHost ( yourdomain.com ) and a cName (www.yourdomain.com )...

If you purchase hosting at the same place you register the domain, they are both usually pointed at the same location.

If you choose to host different than where you register, then you normally have to create a DNS entry that tells the "nameservers" where to send traffic.

Depending on where your hosting actually is, some providers manage the name services, some configure thier servers with host headers to handle the www or non www request the same.

Not familiar with Zeus server, but if your DNS pointer is setup to send both aHost and cName to the same ip address.... Then there is probably a registration on the server that needs to happen to get the www to respond. Look for a "bindings" or host header setting.

Remove Ads