Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Anyone here selling cheap hosting for Wordpress sites?

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Hi everyone,

I plan to finish a Wordpress travel-blog site soon. I already have a web host (Fatcow) and they offer multiple domain hosting, but they really suck at hosting sites that use databases. By this, I mean that it's not uncommon for load times to exceed 10 seconds when things get bad.

I am looking for some affordable and trustworthy hosting here. Yes, I could go out and buy a 2 year deal from somebody out there, but I figure somebody in this community could throw me deal. If you make the space for me, I can just send you money via Paypal.

Anyway, please let me know.

-R

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I can definitely help you with this. Send me a PM

Member #
    I would recommend you super cheap and realiable hosting: hostgator.
    If you are interested, they got 1 cent code for first month: only1centspecial
    Good luck!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedDragon, post: 243474
    I would recommend you super cheap and realiable hosting: hostgator.
    If you are interested, they got 1 cent code for first month: only1centspecial
    Good luck!
    yes but after that month they are not cheap.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 243486
    yes but after that month they are not cheap.
    Well, for shared hosting they're not expensive - if you only have one domain they're pretty cheap.

That said, I don't use them nor do I personally know anyone who does. I host all my clients' WP sites at hostmonster and have never had one hacked (knock wood) and they seem to have good load times. I do manual installs ( better for security) and the process there is relatively straightforward.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    RDesignista, One of my colleague recommended me to use Atlantic.net VPS or cloud solutions. I have searched user reviews about them in some forums and finally I decided to use their $15 free trial credit. It seems to me must use option before buying any services from them. But what a luck I have! My paypal got limited and I could not even use that feature! May be you can try their free trial to check their uptime, bandwidth, etc. features.

If you think, it is bit costly then you can choose hostgator or ipage (I think).

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Thanks everyone for your input. I'll be bookmarking your suggestions.

I ended up signing up with Bluehost for 3 years @ ~$3.45USD/month. The loading speeds for my Wordpress site weren't ridiculously good at first (4-8 seconds). However, with a caching plugin and CSS/JS minimizer, I got my load times to as low as 1.2 seconds. They offer free Cloudflare, but it kept showing a loading error page, so I turned off. One thing to note is that Bluehost only has one plan (I think). So if you need a dedicated server for high traffic, you'll basically need to change hosts. Their affiliate program is generous: $65 per qualifying sign up.

I tried cancelling my Fatcow hosting. However, I found out that there is a $35 early termination fee, despite the fact that I was cancelling because their database query times were awful. With only a year of service left, my remainder after an early cancel would be about $2.50. Oh well, you live, you learn ;-). Their customer service and control panel interface are terrific, but their hosting is worthless to anyone who uploads sites that query their shared database.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 243205, member: 30952
    Hi everyone,

I plan to finish a Wordpress travel-blog site soon. I already have a web host (Fatcow) and they offer multiple domain hosting, but they really suck at hosting sites that use databases. By this, I mean that it's not uncommon for load times to exceed 10 seconds when things get bad.

I am looking for some affordable and trustworthy hosting here. Yes, I could go out and buy a 2 year deal from somebody out there, but I figure somebody in this community could throw me deal. If you make the space for me, I can just send you money via Paypal.

Anyway, please let me know.

-R
    Hi I can provide you word prass hosting because its available in cpanel

Member #
    You could probably try Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL and cPanel, No Ads
    I have used it for some of my smaller websites and uptime of the free hosting is pretty good.
    Last edited by AlphaMare; Oct 12th, 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    dhenzel77 - you're replying to an awful lot of old, dead threads. Why?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads