Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm using a free website host ( 000webhost.com) .That site requires that the website uploaded should be uploaded within a folder named "public_html"

My website link is - www.trendslk.hostei.com/

The website I have made (using a template i got online) is within a folder named "envato" on my PC. Unfortunately i cannot directly upload the website into the "public_html" folder because the website stops working when it is not within the envato folder (it has been programmed to work within the envato folder).

I created a crossdomain.xml file and uploaded it in the public_html" folder to get across the "envato" folder to display my website but it doesn't work!! please help me..

Please check my website link to better understand what I'm implying.

this is the script for the cross-domain file i used (please let me know if there are mistakes in the code)-

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd";>
    <cross-domain-policy>
    <allow-access-from domain="http://trendslk.hostei.com/envato.com/";/>
    </cross-domain-policy>

Thanks a million in advance! Hoping for a quick reply sooon!!! You guys are the best! xx

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not sure I'm understanding what you're saying, but from what I'm reading it has nothing to do with cross-domain scripting.

HTML doesn't care what the folder name is... Unless you're using absolute paths in all your files, in which case, its not going to work no matter what you do.

The public_html folder is what is referred to as the ROOT of your site... All files and link references should be relative to the root of the site.

Are you using some Sort of web development software ? If so, what ? If you're using an heavy JavaScript, I suspect its more an issue with the host, the one you mentioned has several references on this site for NOT supporting many things.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I suggest you delete the default.php file from your host ( as instructed ), and upload your files directly to the public_html folder and see what happens.

Remove Ads