Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey Guy, I New to website development and i need to know about full detailed description for web designing and Hosting procedure.Plz help me with that !!!!!

1.I bought a domain now and my question is where to build a website and how (i mean, i came to know that some softwares available to build the website ??????

2. Designing or building websites seriously need programming knowledge (i mean, most the website offering template based website building services ??????

3.If yes,then which platform or programming is better to develop a website like Movies buzz (Movie new , promotionals , pictures , little bit of videos too ).

4.Linux or windows ?????

5.Best Hosting company which suitable for indian websites ???????

Please guy's ,i am sorry that ,i may be asked silly questions but i just wanted to know clearly before starting to spend money for my future though i had a big plan with this......Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The only silly questions are the ones not asked.

1. You didn't technically buy a domain, you leased the "use of the domain" for a set period of time.

Typically this is just the first step in setting up a website.

2. There are some "basics" that once you understand them, will make dealing with anything design related easier. Some basics you should at least understand : 1. HTML 2. CSS 3. Basic JavaScript

If you search for HTML tutorials or examples, you can start the learning process.

3. Platform is not something to even concern yourself with until you understand more about the basics. Linux tends to be the more popular choice, but if you know and understand asp or asp.net ( windows technologies ), then using windows as your hosting platform may be preferable. I actually use both, although most of my development knowledge is based on windows.

4. Same answer as 3

5. Not familiar with current hosting companies based in India, but the few I have dealt with in the past were less than stellar. Your hosting choice should obviously be in at least the same region as your target markets, but finding an acceptable hosting company in your locale will just require either more research on your part, or better yet, find some websites that you know are based in India, then do some back traces to find out who they are using as a hosting company.

I will tell you, most decent size web sites will be hosting on their own servers, or co locate in data centers in Mumbai or Delhi ( I had one co located there for several year) but I hear the company I was using at that time was absorbed into a much larger company.

If you have absolutely no design / development then all of this is going to be hard to absorb in a short period of time. Web design is much more than just making pretty pages. If you have an idea, and think making a website is essential to your plans success, perhaps finding a designer until you actually have some understanding might be a suggestion .

Member #
    Thanks a lot for the valuable reply actually... I am little bit familiar about HTML ,CSS and javascript but the thing is where would i develop my site with this program either any softwares>>?????

And,As per your words linux is much easier for me i think so.

Getting own server is quite costly right !!!! though i am new here.

Thank you for your reply once again. i appreciate it helps me a lot.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I guess what I want to know before anything else is "what exactly are you trying to build?" Is it an original idea? Has it been done a million times before? Have you thought through the features you may want to have?

Personally, my software list of programs (besides the browsers) is intentionally short. In order of usage:

Visual Web Developer Express, since like WZ I primarily develop using ASP/ASP.net.
    Visual Basic Express, for compiling DLLs based on my code
    FileZilla to upload my site to the server
    Photoshop
    Notepad++, if I have to work in PHP or look at a raw log or something

What combination of things I use depends on what I'm doing, what site I'm working on, and what my role is when it comes to the site. So you need to start by figuring out what it is you want to build. Just saying "I want to build a site, how do I do it?" Isn't going to work.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Please stop using excessive punctuation. It helps no one. Thanks.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,Madhan.If you want to learn how to develop a website,i mean being a web developer, u av to further ur knowledge on HTML,CSS,Javascript, Php or Asp.net etc.But if u just want to own a website and manage it urself.I will just advice u to
    1.Chk reliable hosting company in ur area and register with them
    2.Install any CMS like joomla,wordpress or drupal through ur cpanel.very simple and direct.but i w advice u to use wordpress because it is simple and the resources are readily available
    3.Chk the internet for better Wp theme.chk site like newwpthemes.com.and install the theme.
    4.Start putting content and plugin into ur site.Simple and direct
    5.And you are there.:dance:.I will be glad to help you if you have any issue.Thanks

Remove Ads