Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: 1&1

Member #

1&1

Has anyone had any dealings with them?
    A friend just wants a quick and easy website and asked me what I thought of this...Free website builder from 1&1 | Best website builder

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I have never, and would never, use one of their website builders.

As a host from what little I've seen of them, they're not bad. Support isn't great but it's "good enough" and for something like a quick and easy website, it'll probably be all right.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I never understood quick and easy? Aside from someone mentioning a memorial page on this forum i have not seen any reason for someone to want a temporary site? So why quick and easy? Why not do it right the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Yes, I see your point. Not even sure what it's for to be honest, he just asked me about it.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Think of it this way, its an investment into whatever it is being built. Invest the time to learn how to do it properly, or invest the money in someone else who can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AlphaMare and Ronald Roe like this.

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    1 & 1 was added to our toilet list a few years back.

Free website builder? Listen to Vapr_Arts
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Keeping in mind that "website builder" and "website hosting" are two different things, they have worded that offer in an interesting way. From what I read on that page, their website builder is free for the first 30 days. There is no mention on how much it would cost after the 30 days, or if there is any term commitment required after 30 days. I suppose it is worth a trial, but if you are looking at alternatives, also consider WordPress for your site . It is template based as well, and an advantage is that you could change hosts at anytime and keep your site format. (any site you make with the 1&1 website builder probably would not be transferable to other hosts) I think WordPress also has an option where they will host your site for free, so for a a quick and easy website like you are looking to make, they might be worth checking out.

Member #
    there are better providers than 1&1, i just heard they are pretty bad

try jimdo.com

Remove Ads