Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Newbie and need help with my website

I live our of England and pretty fed up with the so called estate agents here. So I decided to do my own website. http://www.gandiapropertyforsale.com with Wix.

As I am so new to this malarky I went to Crazy Domains for the domain name and purchased the name for 2 years.

Wix to me, is possibly the worse company for anyone new, I "did" the website with them but the help was absolutely terrible and so I cancelled when the end of the first year came around. Paying, paying, paying all the time for help.

So.... I went to Webs and built another which was much easier to do although initially quite difficult at first. Once I got my head around it I did what I wanted to do.

I understand from Crazy domains that the web name will take 69 days to go back to Crazy domans and I can't get a satisfactory answer from Webs.

I am sure I can figure this out with some help but what do I do next, please anyone I need help.

I don't want to spend anything so can I get away with not hosting my site which is gandiapropertyforsale.webs.com

Do webs transfer my domain name back to them and what will they charge - Again all these names, URLS domain names, hosting - i really am falling into the hands of my partner who said I should pack it in, but I don't want to do this, its like defeat.

Whats the least expensive if nothing way to go ahead. Thanks for reading this. PS I know what mega tabs are lol

Member #
    You can go with wordpress? this software is supporting all plugins

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well it sounds like you think you need to transfer your domain name to a different host every time you switch hosting companies, this is not the case. Leave your domain with crazy domains and just change the name servers to whatever host you want. If you are just starting out and trying to learn, find a decent host that has an automated installer like installatron or softaculous. That way you can try different CMS platforms like joomla, wordpress or whatever, there are a lot to choose from. Find a template you like and build away.
    Last edited by wiredcom; Aug 11th, 2014 at 07:53 PM.

Remove Ads