Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any decent free hosts? Hoping to promote my art

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Any decent free hosts? Hoping to promote my art

Hi all, I know paid hosting is the better option, right now though I'd struggle to find the extra $. Hopefully in a few weeks.

Here's what I want a host for. I have a domain that I want to promote my photography with. And hopefully start building followers and interest. I think my first step is having a central site via my domain to display my photography and to be able to refer anyone interested to. I think I want to make my site using wordpress since I have used it before and it seems to have few limits. But also wondering about bootstrap and if the two might or can work together.

In the past I used namecheap.com hosting and found them reliable, i think they might be 3.98 a month which isn't bad but I'd have to pay for the year.

I signed up for a free account with a host called awardspace but hate to start promoting my site and it not be available.

Does anyone know of a good free host? And paid reliable ones with good deals?

I hope to get step 1 figured out this weekend.

Thank you for any info.

Ian

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you, please post your site so I can see his work

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PopstarAhri View Post
    If you want this guy can help you get a website up and ready to feature your art. He is a professional website designer and he's having some sort of offer for a limited time. Normally he is only contactable by snail mail or calls (which is how I got him to do up my webpage) but he's is currently charging $5 for each webpage for a limited time. He usually charges about $100 to $300 based on content amount and type. You can check him out at: https://www.fiverr.com/s/6bk9ba.
    Are you this guy? Come on be honest.. You sure are advertising for him a lot..

The question asked about FREE hosting.. Which unless this guy offers free hosting there is no immediate reason why any of this will be relevant to the conversation..

$5 for a webpage?? Thats a joke..

Dont forget the saying "you get what you pay for"

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Totally agree with Vapr_Arts.

Indeed there are some good free webhosting(However I don't know exactly who they are), but "you get what you pay for" is always right.

The free will not be forever free, you will have to pay for it, maybe not money, it could be your time, your data, your privacy.

OP said you are with NameCheap and you think they are reliable, then just keep being their clients, you cannot be wrong as you are with a reliable hosting provider, you will not be in risk as it with many free webhosting providers.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to let us know and we are more than to help.

Best Regards
    Joe Morris
    Xeepi Hosting Solutions

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You can try IX web hosting as i am using WordPress hosting services currently and i am quite happy. According to IXWebHosting they are able to achieve the goals thanks to their own data center and experienced staff which are able to provide the web hosting customers with the maximum uptime. They are also well known as the provider supporting both Linux and Windows hosting.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Give Hostmantis a try. They have great prices and check their community for coupons. Their servers are fast, their support is fast. We've got resellers with then and have had no problems and no downtime worth mentioning. We have happy clients with them that's not on our resellers.

I'm not an affiliate with them, nor any other web host, but they've always come through for us and never let us down since they've been in business.

https://www.hostmantis.com/
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunoy14 View Post
    Hostbarrack.com is a good webhosting company with low prices and good servers. Check it out.
    https://www.hostbarrack.com
    You have made this link drop in at least 5 threads now. Have anything real to contribute?

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    I've never heard of Hostbarrack.com.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    I've never heard of Hostbarrack.com.
    It appears to be a new site, probably using a reseller account (maybe not, but definitely to new to have any kind of reputation). sunoy is probably an owner or partner of some kind to be here spamming 5 or more threads in an hour or so. Looks like sunoy got banned for the effort.
    Last edited by delstu; Dec 25th, 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    According to their Whois they've been in business less than a month 2/12/2014 and spamming forum threads is not a good way to promote a new business in my opinion.
    Bleau

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads