Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: is i host good? Do you know of any better deals?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

is i host good? Do you know of any better deals?

They have a special, $1.68 a month, two years paid is $40.32. I remember seeing another host for a year was $11 but can't find it right now. I'm looking for a site that I don't have to worry about up time, I don't need a ton of space or bandwidth, maybe just a couple hundred megabytes to be sure. I want it to make a site for my photography. I also hope that it can run wordpress since I think that's my best bet for having a site that I can manage?

So any thoughts on i host? And do you know of any better deals on hosing that is also reliable?

Thank you,
    Ian

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    iHost - Hosting <-- I don't see anything there that suggests $1.68 a month for two years prepaid.

It's a great deal on the surface...the question most of us will have, however, is "what's the catch?" I don't know ihost, but I have seen deals like this far too many times to count and they never turn out well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    sorry I put the wrong name, it's Website Hosting | Unlimited Hosting With A Free Domain Name - iPage

Do you have any hosts that you reccommend or a good site for trustworthy reviews on hosting?

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    iPage is apart of the EIG umbrella and because of that reason alone you want to avoid it!

I use GoDaddy but have heard horror stories from members of this forum as well as other forums and even a few professors at school.. Right now the sites i host are just my playground/learning platform so i am not too concerned about it. I am researching different hosts and so far havent found one i am satisfied with

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Endurance International Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-- this is what Vapr_Arts is talking about. EIG (Endurance International Group) is a group of hosts that were consolidated and have collectively turned to the hosting equivalent of a 100-car superhighway accident. They are absolutely terrible hosts.

Host I'd recommend: www.sectorlink.com . They won't charge $40 for 2 years for a reason...they don't suck. They're far from sucking. They are the complete antithesis of suck. They are far and away the best host that exists today. Why? Because someone like me has been using them for 12.5 years (yeah, that long). They answer my questions...and as you might have guessed, I don't ask normal questions. They rarely go down, and if they do, they're back up quickly. They've also answered a question of mine via email in 60 seconds. Show me a host that does that...ever. Haven't seen it with anyone else. 60 seconds for email support = other hosts don't measure up.

Hosting review sites I'd recommend: none. They're usually full of either shill reviews or reviews along the lines of "USE XYZ HOST THERE GR8 N I CANT SPELL".
    Vapr_Arts and jakefordesign like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Since you have dug up a dead post I will go ahead and make a comment.

Why would anyone want to use a really cheap webhost? Hosting is really a very minor expense and using a good host only makes sense. Is it because those looking for cheap or ultra low cost hosting are unable to build a good site that draws traffic and makes money?

A quality host will save you money in the long run because you get minimal downtime and good service when you need it.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes i have something better for you ... just take a look at Web Hosting Discounted Coupons.
    Last edited by tiabutcher; Dec 09th, 2014 at 05:49 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If 5 of the top 10 hosts are EIG hosts, then the industry has gone full elephant turd.

I don't know who built that site, but whoever did has a serious case of cranial rectal syndrome.

Remove Ads