Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should I offer hosting to my clients as a web designer?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tiabutcher View Post
    If you are willing to provide your clients with web hosting services as well, you might as well check out for some of the best hosting service providers and their plans so as to profit from the deal as well.

There are numerous hosting service providers quoting some really great rates online yet there might be some discrepancies as well.
    So before you think of offerring web hosting services to your clients do ensure whether your client is aware of the market rates of web hosting etc.
    You don't learn your lesson do you? Always spamming this ixweb host or whatever it is. Tread very carefully cause I'm surprised they still allow you on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    If you love ixwebhosting so much why don't you do a review on them and take that link down?
    I'm like Vapr_Arts..that looks like your spamming to me.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Go daddy and Hostgator used to have only options for customers but now there are many companies who provide better service than these two. They also offer flexible and customized web hosting plans in affordable prices. IX Web Hosting, Dream Host, Blue Host, etc are some of the best names in the hosting industry.
    Last edited by tiabutcher; Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:37 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tiabutcher View Post
    Go daddy and Hostgator used to have only options for customers but now there are many companies who provide better service than these two. They also offer flexible and customized web hosting plans in affordable prices. IX Web Hosting, Dream Host, Blue Host, etc are some of the best names in the hosting industry.
    They may be some of the best name host in the industry, ixwebhosting is not, but from experience they're also some of the worst host in the industry belonging to EIG.

We handle several 1000 clients and I will assure you none of them are hosted with any EIG host or ixwebhosting and never will be.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think this is a bad idea. When things go wrong - and they will - your client holds you responsible, but you ultimately have no power to resolve issues.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lunagraphica View Post
    I think this is a bad idea. When things go wrong - and they will - your client holds you responsible, but you ultimately have no power to resolve issues.
    I disagree with you. The nature of our business is to manage a clients business and resolve issues for our clients as most businesses do. That's why we're a turnkey business solution for our clients. They pay us to manage their businesses and when they have issues we take care of those issues for them and that includes their websites.
    We have the support from our host we have our resellers with and also have end user support with them. What more could we ask for?

In every business there are risk and that includes our business. If you're not willing to take risk in a business then it's doubtful you will have a successful business.

Think about it, your life is full of risk. Every time you purchase food, eat in a restaurant, purchase hosting or anything else you're taking a risk.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Jul 03rd, 2015 at 11:19 PM.
    Bleau

Member #
    I would be nice to offer hosting if you can hire a staff that knows about hosting. You will need to take care of that first. Every client is looking for a one stop shop. So if you have both, that's perfect!

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clippittee View Post
    I would be nice to offer hosting if you can hire a staff that knows about hosting. You will need to take care of that first. Every client is looking for a one stop shop. So if you have both, that's perfect!
    If you're new to hosting and want to start a hosting company I would suggest anyone to get a reseller with end user support. All of our resellers have end user support. We take care of all the client billing, set up their cPanels in WHM and assign the client to a package and then our reseller host takes care of anything support on the server end. If we have built and fully manage a client website then all support from the client come to us. If it's server side issue then we contact the reseller host support. If they have an internal problem with their website then we take care of the fix in our office. They can either send us a support ticket or call us on the phone. They do pay us to manage their business so we have to be available to them 24 x 7.

It's really no big learning curve as to learn how to use WHM in a reseller to make packages and set up client cPanel accounts on the reseller.

Our 15 year old daughter has her own reseller that she host her friends websites on and some of their families sites and some of the kids in her school. She clears a cool $300 bucks a month doing not a whole lot of anything with it but having fun and making money.

Edit: Ok I just took a look at the stats on her reseller. Her reseller is good for 50 cPanel accounts and she has 35 on it. In the last 12 months she sent in 6 supports tickets to her reseller host. Downtime on her reseller in the last 12 months was 12 minutes. She has five packages set up. Basic, Starter, Level1 through Level 3 with allocated storage, bandwidth, email accounts, mysql databases, etc. By doing it like this like we do then she doesn't let her reseller get over sold and cause any problems with everyone else and neither of us have billing software. She uses 10 of the cPanel slots bandwidth and storage to upgrade a friend if they need to do so. So basically her reseller is full and she's not going to let anyone abuse it.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Jul 04th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Bleau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads