Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Host changed, email problems

Hi, I volunteer for a non profit dog rescue.
    web design and management is not my field, so I'm coming here in hope i can get some help finding out our problem.

Please be patient with me, as I don't know all the correct terminology and I'll do my best.
    We recently changed hosts. I understand that information needs to migrate through the web, but for many weeks now we've been having spotty email from our website. Some items go through, while others don't.
    We have a form built into the website, that forwards the form once completed to various emails, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't go through and I have to go in and compare received vs what was filled out.

Our email is a free account through google. Prior to the change, google groups (which we rely on heavily) was working fantastic. No issues were encountered.
    However now, again it's spotty on if we receive a message, and if someone sends email from outside the domain, there's no way for me to check and see.
    I've tried deleting and recreating groups, didn't help.
    I've checked our MX records, and they appear fine and correct.

The only thing I can find, that's out of the ordinary, is I recently gained access to where our website is parked, and looking through the DNS zone file, under the CName, we have an entry called "email" which points somewhere other than where google recommended on a search. Would this affect and cause spotty emails?
    If not, I'm leaning towards our host is somehow filtering our emails, as our host isn't "typical", it's hosted by pantheon.
    If anyone can assist me in troubleshooting this issue, I would greatly appreciate your assistance, as would our dogs.

Remove Ads