Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Hosts with Google Ad-like Income Possibilities?

I'm looking to set up a website for my girlfriend for Portuguese speakers learning English, and also elements of Portuguese grammar, maybe also for English speakers.

She wants to implement a system like Google Ads so that she can make a little money if she gets enough traffic. She's also considering paying for a simple domain name like simply "www.____.com," but I'm concerned that the costs of this may be greater than what she would make from traffic.

Does anyone know of a good host that might offer a free domain name that's maybe not as short as www.___.com, but still pretty short, and that can be built from the ground up (so I can do the programming myself) and offer something Google Ads, or allow Google Ads?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Just purchase the domain name from GoDaddy or another registrar and find a hosting (separately). You pick the domain name so its up to you. Domain names are less than $20 a year its really affordable.

Most hosts will allow for google ads but you have to qualify for it. I believe one of the requirements is owning the site for 6months but i may be wrong.

How much programming experience do you have?

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    I had a fair amount of programming experience, over 10 years ago. I haven't kept up with all the changes in software except to know that they've occurred, but I'm confident that I can catch back up. I already have a CSS template designed so all I have to do is plug in the articles when my girlfriend writes them, but the real problem is how she can make money from this, because she'd like to have some compensation for her work.

There are similar sites, for example some websites for learning Russian, that use ads and they get enough traffic to make someone a few dollars.

I didn't realize there were qualifications for Google Ads. I'll have to look more into that. I have no idea how much money people can realistically make off of these types of things either. As far as I would know $20 a year could be all someone could make from Google Ads lol.

Member #
    You can make more from Google Ads if you will get fair traffic to your website. The only factor is your website should get good traffic to earn money from Google Adsense.

Remove Ads