Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: best host 2014

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

best host 2014

Hi there,

I need to know the recent updates about "Top Hosting Companies of 2014".

I have gone through one such list : Top 10 Hosting companies of 2014.

Seemed like Host http://hostgator.com/, http://bluehost.com/, http://justhost.com/ , http://ixwebhosting.com/ appeared to be on the top list correct me if I am wrong?

Here is another hosting review! Can anyone please tell me the correct list for the year 2014!
    Who is leading and who is lagging?
    Last edited by tiabutcher; Feb 11th, 2015 at 11:20 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    First of all avoid any hosts under the EIG umbrella which the first 3 hosts are mentioned.

I don't know if either list is correct but i know anything that says EIG run a good company must be paid for or regurgitated nonsense from a review that was paid for

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Typical "Top Hosting Companies" listing.
    Those companies are on the list because they pay for referrals. The people that run these sites only want your money, or at least the affiliate commission. You likely won't find even one good hosting provider on those lists so stop looking at them.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If a top host list claims any EIG host is a top host, stop looking at it. It's a garbage list.
    If a top host list claims HostGator is a top host, be sure to clear your cache and history afterward so you don't revisit it again by accident. It's trash.
    If a top host list claims GoDaddy is a top host, stop looking at it. It's a garbage list.
    If a top host list lists none of these companies as top hosts, look for Sectorlink. If it's there, then you know you've got a top host list worth using.

Here's the list.

Sectorlink
    1&1 a distant second
    Everyone else in a cluster of choices that's kind of like picking through the crappy clothes at Marshall's to find the one $1.99 T-shirt you can wear on Sunday afternoon when you don't have to go anywhere and you really don't give a sh*t
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    If a top host list claims any EIG host is a top host, stop looking at it. It's a garbage list.
    If a top host list claims HostGator is a top host, be sure to clear your cache and history afterward so you don't revisit it again by accident. It's trash.
    If a top host list claims GoDaddy is a top host, stop looking at it. It's a garbage list.
    If a top host list lists none of these companies as top hosts, look for Sectorlink. If it's there, then you know you've got a top host list worth using.

Here's the list.

Sectorlink
    1&1 a distant second
    Everyone else in a cluster of choices that's kind of like picking through the crappy clothes at Marshall's to find the one $1.99 T-shirt you can wear on Sunday afternoon when you don't have to go anywhere and you really don't give a sh*t
    I would like this post twice if I could haha
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post

Here's the list.

Sectorlink
    1&1 a distant second
    Blahahahha you made my day!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Massiah View Post
    Itís definitely GoDaddy they are just too good and one cannot really avoid them. If we want quality and budget both then we must be looking at them since there are no doubts over their quality and same goes with their price especially with the added coupon code which is ď50hostĒ this gives us 50% off from the hosting plan.
    What exactly are you basing this off of? I use them, but only because i have been too lazy to switch and because all of my projects are personal and not public. Based on reviews I've read online and experiences that have been mentioned on here I would never recommend them to a client. Please tell me where you find honest reviews for GoDaddy because the only time i see anything positive about them is usually filled generic crap you would see from someone who was paid to do it.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Firstly it was my personal view not everyoneís so if you donít like it that does not mean everyone should hate it. Now I would have given you a fitting reply given your baseless comment. Anyway I am not going to waste my time on a person who for no reason is so rude.
    I don't feel i have been rude but it is your choice to not reply, except that sort of seems like a cop out?

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Firstly it was my personal view not everyone’s so if you don’t like it that does not mean everyone should hate it. Now I would have given you a fitting reply given your baseless comment. Anyway I am not going to waste my time on a person who for no reason is so rude.
    No one here is rude. We are blunt and get to the point rather than sugar coating everything wasting everyone's time.
    Vapr_Arts and TheGAME1264 like this.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Firstly it was my personal view not everyoneís so if you donít like it that does not mean everyone should hate it. Now I would have given you a fitting reply given your baseless comment. Anyway I am not going to waste my time on a person who for no reason is so rude.
    First of all, he wasn't being rude at all. He asked you a legitimate question. GoDaddy is a well-known host, but they're certainly not "unavoidable", and they're certainly not the top host. I've stated my major reason for avoiding GoDaddy before, but here it is again...they lost a client's SQL server database and had no backup. That's a rookie mistake. Actually, that's not even a rookie mistake. That's a "we're so careless and clumsy we massively screwed up in a way that no host should ever screw up" cardinal sin. You don't do that if you're a host. You just don't. That's a huge "quality doubt" if you want to call it that.

Now we've given you a reason not to use GoDaddy. I wasn't rude to you. I wasn't disrespecting you. I pointed out a perfectly valid reason why GoDaddy is questionable at best as a host. Suppose you go ahead at this point and validate your opinion. You're entitled to it, but if you want others to accept it you're going to have to give us more than a coupon code.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads