Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By bleau canon
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Moving from Bluehost to AWS?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Moving from Bluehost to AWS?

I've got a bunch of sites on Bluehost and on 1and1 shared hosting. I typically set up several low-to-moderate traffic sites on one account, but even so, the hosting fees add up.

I am thinking about moving to AWS, but the pricing is so convoluted, I can't begin to figure out what it will actually cost me.

I'm looking for someone who has some experience moving sites from traditional shared hosting services to AWS, and can give me some idea of how the costs (and performance) will compare.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't have any experience with AWS hosting specifically, but I do have some experience with various Amazon web services and APIs (e.g. Marketplace Web Services).

Here's what I would suggest to you...run. Their pricing is convoluted because their service offerings are convoluted for anyone who wants to anything beyond just a basic web store or an affiliate program. They make things so needlessly complicated that few can even attempt to use their services; they make changes without telling anyone and force merchants to adapt; their support is all but non-existent; and they really don't have a clue how to document anything. In other words, Amazon Web Services is what happens when NIMBYist mediocre engineers refuse to come out of their shell and learn about the real world.
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    If you've got multiple sites then why not go with a reseller. We've had several resellers with Hostmantis for several years and have never had any problems and just purchased another one this week with a very nice coupon for their LA datacenter.

You can check out their coupons on their twitter account. Usually their coupons work for all their hosting except for their vps and dedicated unless noted. You can contact them and asked them about a coupon for their resellers if one is not listed.
    https://twitter.com/HostMantis

And we are no way an affiliate with them nor any other hosting company. They've been the best host we've ever used.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Oh yeah...I meant to make that suggestion, except that what I would suggest would either be a VPS or a dedicated server. This depends on how many accounts you have and how much resource those accounts use. If you're running WP sites in particular, I'd suggest at least a low-end VPS.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Remove Ads