Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kznweekend
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Creating an entertainment website

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Creating an entertainment website

I have an idea of creating a website using (wix or websitebuilders) and get permission to upload upcoming gigs/parties/events from event owners by posting them on my site for people to log into it in and can view all gigs happening in south africa under one site.

The main question is, can I turn this idea into a small business or can I make money through this idea? if yes what steps i need to follow??
    WowCityMedia likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    First off if you are trying to make a business website avoid wix and websitebuilders. This is a business chalk it up as an expense to doing business and hire someone to create a site for you.

To monetize your site you will need to use some thinking or again hire someone to do it for you. How you monetize depends on a number of things. You could charge the even holders, but you would need to have enough users that they see a benefit from paying to post their event on your site. You could charge the users, but you would need a feature of the website that really stands out and makes it beneficial to pay to use the site. You could make money from ad revenue. You will have to qualify for an ad placement program from a company like Google (Alphabet?)

All of this should be thought out now while youre still working out the details. You need to find a business planner and discuss with them more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WowCityMedia likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Also, you need to have a marketing plan. Think which social networks are good for promoting a niche like yours, create articles, hire someone to optimize your site, use Adwords, write guest blogs for some high authority and trusted websites from your niche, do some social bookmarking on StumbleUpon, Delicious and Reddit. Think about growing email list and creating your newsletter.

Member #
    Are you intend to create? Or the site has been already created and you just need monitorize? As about website builders I`d need to use a full review abot the best on the market and with modest price, thanks to my friends I found many answers to my questions here http://bestadvisor.com/main-review/bestwebsitebuilders/. But still hesitates wich to choose.

Remove Ads