Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Website, webhosting and landing page question

This is my first post here so thank you to anyone that reads this. Here is my situation.

I am looking to add some landing pages to my domain. I've got 2 different web hosting companies right now and I don't know if I can achieve my goal. I started with iPage and had a website hosted there... let's call that aaa.net. Did not like the look of the website so I ended up using a drag and drop builder from another company to redo my website. Enter Jigsy. Let me say that my email is with iPage...all my business cards have this email address etc.

I then get a marketing guy who suggested that I get another domain name that relates to my specific field. Done. So now I have bbb.com at Jigsy. I do a permanent redirect on iPage for aaa.net to bbb.com. Now he would like me to add some landing pages. Here's where I get lost. I could use a service for landing pages . I am then limited to their templates and I have to pay another monthly fee. What I would like to do is pay someone to make some landing pages for me and host them myself.

That is impossible at Jigsy though. They don't offer FTP or anything. I have no way to do anything but have the website reside on their server. The only thing I can do there is change my DNS records. Is there any way for me to host landing pages for bbb.com at iPage? I can see all my domains at iPage. www.aaa.net is showing as my primary domain there. Would it be possible for me to have landing pages at iPage for my bbb.com that is hosted at Jigsy?t If so, how would that work?

Eventually I would like to find a stand alone website builder with a template that is similar to what I have now and move everything back to iPage but in the mean time, can I make this work or should I just use a 3rd party site like unbounce?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Why don't you do some Wordpress tutorials on youtube and then pick you out a simple WP template and go from there with it. Most site builders are really limited but with WP you can pretty much have what you want.

Don't know anything about iPage anymore but most hosting packages let you have addon domains under one hosting package. So basically you can have two websites hosted on the same server using the same resources of your hosting package.

But, I may have misunderstood what you're trying to do.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    OP if you need a decent host without breaking your budget try out Hostmantis.

We use three different hosing companies and have used many more over the years. I would rate Hostmantis as good as it gets with fast servers, very little downtime, awesome support and excellent prices. We have piles of clients hosted with them and have resellers with them and never had any problems with them. We've been with them from almost their beginning.

They have a 60% off for life coupon now..........TW60OFF

hostmantis.com

And we are no way an affiliate with them or any other hosting company but we do appreciate the excellent service they've given us over the years we've been with them. They're one host we never worry about.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steny View Post
    We recently added Finest Shops On-Budget E-commerce development, It increase your sales with a highly customize storefront which already includes hundreds of advanced features. Migrate your old store with our zero-downtime migration service or get a brand new online store and start selling your products t the millions of internet users with over 600 stores released they know how to do it right and within your budget.
    Please do not spam our forum. If you need to advertise create ONE post in the appropriate section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Not a problem any more. Thanks for the heads-up, Matt.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads