Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Cheap And Good Hosting Options

Member #

Cheap And Good Hosting Options

Hello Friends,

I want to transfer my free hosted website to a paid hosting company. I want a cheap hosting plan and domain name. During my research I found IX web hosting which offers unlimited bandwidth, diskspace, domains in $3.95 monthly. Is there any better plan?

Member #
    It's a pretty good idea. It shouldn't be unlimited, but unmetered. If you do not have a website that receives a lot of traffic, then you should be fine.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    IX Web Hosting is part of the ecommerce.com brand, which have known issues with spam and have for several years.

https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/networks/

A few things:

1) There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth or disk space. It's mathematically impossible. Both resources by their nature are finite. I used to say "avoid unlimited hosts like the plague", as did many others. Unfortunately, even the good hosts have had to adopt the term because too many people fell for the "unlimited" scam.

https://www.sectorlink.com/cloudwebhosting.php <-- this is a good host. It has been a good host for the 13 years I've been with them. It's going to continue to be a good host. In fact, it's the best host that I have dealt with, and it's not even close. Unfortunately they've had to use the "unlimited" term to continue playing in the shared hosting sandbox, which really sucks.

Basically, here's what it comes down to...the more stuff you put on your site and the more it's accessed, the more server resource that will take to handle all of it. Eventually, the server won't be able to handle it all and it will slow down and/or stop completely. At that point, the host is going to suggest you move to a more expensive package, and rightfully so.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    I am running my ecommerce sites with asphostportal.com.

They provide excellent support, amazing performance and reliability. Plus, they also provide multiple locations, which let's me distribute the sites closer to the target traffic for better latency.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juliahans View Post
    I am running my ecommerce sites with asphostportal.com.

They provide excellent support, amazing performance and reliability. Plus, they also provide multiple locations, which let's me distribute the sites closer to the target traffic for better latency.
    You support a Windows host that uses a stock photo of people working on iMacs on its home page? Please explain why.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads