Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Moving from weebly to wordpress - which host do you reccommend?

Hi There everyone!

I currently help to manage a site The Meditation Farm Ashram, home of Spiritual Master, Avinash Do - The Meditation Farm Ashram, Towards Self Realisation .

It is a weebly site currently, but we've just been shown how much more professional it can look with wordpress, and mainly, the massive SEO building benefits of wordpress.

So, eagerly, we are going to switch.

But now, wordpress is a totally new land to me, and there seems to be a plethora of hosts, ie ehost, bluehost, sitebuilder, ipage... these are just some I read on... and so many more!

Who has experience building sites using wordpress? What hosts do you use?

What hosts does anyone reccommend?

Our website should be top class in professionalism, and in the ability for SEOs and all other things you would expect out of a professional site.

Having said that, I myself am new to web designing, having only used weebly for the past 2-3 years, and learning as I go. So I can really do with any help and suggestions!!

My best wishes to you,

Anandamayi

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Look into the EIG hosts list and if a host is on there avoid it, would be my first recommendation. The only host I have used is GoDaddy and I wouldn't recommend it. If/when any of my projects go live they will be switched to a better host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I'm totally looking for a new host right now. I have used several different major host. They were all horrible.
    Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give.
    Anyone else have any host recommendations?

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #

Thanks - and why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Look into the EIG hosts list and if a host is on there avoid it, would be my first recommendation. The only host I have used is GoDaddy and I wouldn't recommend it. If/when any of my projects go live they will be switched to a better host.

Thanks Vapr,

Can I ask you, why is it that EIG hosts are no good? I have read that before, but I dont know the reason why?

Thank you for your reply!

Best wishes,

Anandamayi

Member #
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

SO can I ask you, which ones did you use that were no good? ANd what were the main reasons that you would not reccommend them?

Thanks again!
    Anandamayi

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brandMatt View Post
    I'm totally looking for a new host right now. I have used several different major host. They were all horrible.
    Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give.
    Anyone else have any host recommendations?
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

SO can I ask you, which ones did you use that were no good? ANd what were the main reasons that you would not reccommend them?

Thanks again!
    Anandamay

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    For one their customer service is horrible. They take a long time to reply to tickets and when they do they usually blame you for it. They have security issues and just tons of other things. Basically think of the worst things a host could do and its worst than that. Their technical support teams are laughable. Its just bad, very bad.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Moving from weebly to wordpress - which host do you reccommend?

Reminds me of hostgator...

I have tried recently used hostgator, hostpapa and godaddy. I would have never suggested godaddy to a client, anytime I have recently had to deal with them was because a client purchase hosting prior to speaking with me. Hostpapa are supposed to be located here in Canada, but outsourced their support out east. The accents really make it difficult to communicate vocally. They are also very slow to respond to most support requests. Finally hostgator, steer clear! They respond to a support ticket within 7 days only if there is a fee.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Oct 22nd, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    For one their customer service is horrible. They take a long time to reply to tickets and when they do they usually blame you for it. They have security issues and just tons of other things. Basically think of the worst things a host could do and its worst than that. Their technical support teams are laughable. Its just bad, very bad.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Do you think this is for all EIG sites - ie, is it the same team covering all the servers they run?

Thank you!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brandMatt View Post
    Reminds me of hostgator...

I have tried recently used hostgator, hostpapa and godaddy. I would have never suggested godaddy to a client, anytime I have recently had to deal with them was because a client purchase hosting prior to speaking with me. Hostpapa are supposed to be located here in Canada, but outsourced their support out east. The accents really make it difficult to communicate vocally. They are also very slow to respond to most support requests. Finally hostgator, steer clear! They respond to a support ticket within 7 days only if there is a fee.
    Thanks Matt,
    I really appreciate you sharing your experience, it helps me to know who to stear clear of!

So who are the people on your short list right now in your search for a new server?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads