Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Hosting some JSP sites - Using special tomcat offers, or virtual root server?

Hello community!

Over the last few months I've been working on my own homepage using Tomcat (8), JSP, Java and MySql.
    Now I finally want to make it public and accessible.
    I've already reserved a domain from a hoster a while ago, however, they don't offer good conditions for the actual servers.

There are tons of offers on the net though and I'm kinda lost....

What I've seen is that there are two possibilities matching for my case:
    - Either using one of the rather few Tomcat/JRE hosters which claim to enable simply the deployment of the WAR file and the MySQL database.
    - Or using a virtual root server based on linux where I have to install JRE, TomCat and Mysql on my own.
    Didn't have problems doing that on my Windows VM, however, I don't have much commandline-Linux experience and SSL has been just a small sidetopic in a course I've taken, so I'd like to avoid that.
    I've heard of various "Administration tools" instead. Do they really allow setting up a server easily like that?

My budget is rather limited. Shouldn't cost more than 5-8$ per month. However, the requirements are rather low as well. I expect a max of 5000 pagecalls per month. That means 2-3Gb of traffic will suffice and there are no huge computations or SQL queries done on the server.

Anyone having any idea what would be the best solution?

Huge thanks in advance

Greetings,
    Dra

Member #
    Nobody a suggestion?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Sorry man I have no clue. I dont know Java so I have never needed to look into JSP Hosting. I also do not think I have ever seen JSP mentioned here on the forums before either.

$5-$8 a month is gunna hold you back. I doubt you will find anything for that price. Your best bet is to go with a VPS in my opinion. It will cost more but will give you the freedom to do more. Thats just an opinion tho, i have no experience with JSP like i mentioned before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads