Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Selecting the right reseller hosting

Hi everyone

Ok so i've got hosting at the moment with Krystal hosting but i'm looking for a reseller package as i'm fed up juggling my clients websites on my own cpanel, it's getting a little annoying also that i can't assign them a cpanel for themselves so looking for a reseller package

I don't mind paying around 15-30 a month

I'm looking at Bluehosts, Heart and Krystal... i know this site promotes a certain hosting but i'm not going to just go with them for that reason

So ideas of what i should and shouldn't be looking out for

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    My only advice is to do your research thoroughly before choosing a host. It is a huge pain to switch. I advice you go for a server with cPanel installed, it makes switching that much easier in the event you have to migrate (switch hosts). Stay away from hostgator, hostpapa and godaddy.

Member #
    Yeah I used godaddy years ago for just a personal website and they were a nightmare so I'm avoiding them

So far I'm thinking Heart as they seem a good alround option, Krystal have been good with me but I don't feel the reseller package offers me that much value for the money

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Stay away from EIG hosts. Never heard of Krystal. I am a few months away from the end of my hosting subscription and am probably going to get SectorLink reseller hosting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    NEVER use an EIG host. OP, you have to ask yourself what am going to do with a reseller and what is my budget for one, how many clients and how much space and bandwidth do I need.

We use a lot of resellers because they do for us what we need. I have everyone of my designer-developers their own reseller package to build and test on. Our 15 year old daughter has one and host her school friends on it, has a blast doing it and charges them 5 bucks a month for hosting and has over 25 of them on her reseller. Her reseller cost her about $33 bucks a year.

I've bought two entry level resellers in the past two weeks with Hostmantis. One is to host some of our community non-profits and the one I bought earlier tonight I'm going to use for my personal use.

This is not a sale pitch for Hostmantis and we are not affiliated with them in any way but purchasing hosting from them and been with them since almost day one of their startup as Plexihost with no problems at all.

Here is what I got with an 80% recurring discount coupon tonight. $9.48 yearly if paid by the year in their LA datacenter. I can't tell any difference in speed here in Georgia than the dedi's we have in Atlanta.

25 gb of space, 100gb of bandwith, 25 cPanel accounts, WHM and all the other stuffs that go along with most resellers.

What's 10 bucks if you don;t like it and I feel certain the coupon would work on all their reseller packages in the LA center. Ask them.

The coupon is LA80OFF in their Los Angeles datacenter.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Nov 03rd, 2015 at 11:05 PM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Remove Ads