Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: I Need a website with personalized accounts for my customers that i can review

Member #

I Need a website with personalized accounts for my customers that i can review

Hi, I'm looking into starting an online business. I've been looking at a few different hosts but I cant seem to find one that allows my 'future' customers to customize their profiles by taking a short quiz. I'll need to see the results of their quiz to personalize their orders. I might be looking in the wrong areas or missing something completely. Is this possible and are there website hosts that offer this? I feel like i'm running around in circles and I need guidance. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    This is very possible if you know what you are doing. It may not be easy for someone who doesn't code however.

Do you wish to learn how to do it? Or hire someone to do it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I can learn. I used to know codes from school but they were pretty basic and ill need a refresher. Otherwise do you know how much it would cost to hire someone? I need to weigh out my options.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Sorry, but it is impossible for me to know how much it would cost. There is far too many things to consider first. Its pretty simple to create a form(quiz) and get the results sent to you using something like php. You need to apply some thinking and map out how it all works. To map it all out just list the steps it takes, and try not to leave anything out. From what you told me it seems like the steps for the user would be:

1, create an account
    2, fill out a form
    3, submit the form
    4, submitted form is sent to you

So you would start by creating a way to login/register a new account. Then create a form and find a way to send the answers to yourself. Either by email or inputting them into a database for you to see. This is a quick and dirty example, you will need to fill in more details probably. You haven't given me any info on what you are doing with the answers and how you plan to customize orders. You will need to add that to your map. There is also things I left out such as form validation.

Depending on how much you know will determine where to start. If you don't know HtML and Css. Then move on to javascript. From there you will need a server side language such as php and also know how to speak to a database using php or its alternative.

I mentioned php because it is the most common in my opinion anyway. However the more I learn about it and the more I learn about languages like Ruby, the more I dislike Php. I only bring this up because while Php may be the most common you may want to opt out of using it for something different. I plan this year to stop using php and move on to something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think you need a good developer to done this job.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    There are a few resellers that provides you with built in customize user accounts like Hostgator. However, other functionalities like quiz and surveys I guess you need to code it on your own or just hire a programmer t do the job for you.

Remove Ads