Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: FTP help!

Member #

Exclamation FTP help!

Hello everyone~~

I am new at web designing, well not really new at that persay, it's been almost a year since I started doing this, but since I am still facing some issues in that area I consider myself as a beginner that's why I thought I could use some help to enlighten my way.

First of all you need to know that I use Adobe Muse CC to design my sites, so far no problems at all, since I am a graphic designer, designing a site with no code whatsoever is a dream come true; I couldn't ask for more, now my problem is that I am unable to host my site using ftp, I used to do so on hostinger because their site provides a free hosting plans but somehow they banned my country from the list... just my luck.
    Anyways I managed to find another host but it just seems like I can't get this to work properly, on muse cc it shows the files uploading but when I visit the site nothing shows!
    please help me!

I am using a site called biz.nf
    http://puu.sh/nZGNU/90885933fe.png

Please someone help me!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    A couple of things to check:
    1. Make sure you're putting everything in the correct folder. If your host is using Apache, the files will go in the public_html folder.
    2. Make sure the FTP credentials are correct. If you aren't entering info for an account that has access to the correct folder, everything will upload, but go to the wrong location.

On a side note, consider paying for hosting. There are a good number of usable hosting companies that have hosting plans for $5-10 per month.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Check server name (hostname), login name (user name), password and FTP directory. At least one of these is wrong.

Remove Ads