Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which domain name?

Member #
    I appreciate all the input I have been getting. It always helps to have a lot of professional opinions. I was surprised and delighted to get such polite and honest answers. I have met up with a lot of rude people on other forums in the past and some downright mean.

I am still undecided on the name. I have some time to chew on it a while (yep, I am from the south!) The site I am working on has a long way to go yet. It takes me much longer and I make a lot of mistakes as I am not a tech. My goal is to show up in the search engines for stained glass windows, stained glass panels and/or custom stained glass. I do realize that content plays a big role. I also understand that keyword based domain names are supposedly no longer a big factor in SE ranking. I am not seeing any evidence of that despite what Google says.

I should point out that while I do have repeat customers it isn't that often. In reality how often does one have a need for a new stained glass entryway panel? Therefore I do have to count a great deal on the search engine traffic. It seems that a lot of the stained glass companies appearing in the first couple of search result pages for stained glass windows have "stained glass" in their names so I am thinking keywordy this is the way I should go despite how much I dislike it. Main reason I am considering a new domain name is because Google doesn't like A Glass Menagerie. I got slapped by the big ole penguin and have no idea why. All my links were legit with the exception of some weird links from some Arab country which I had nothing do to with. I lost my main keyword "stained glass windows" that I had been ranking well for. Traffic dropped overnight to practically nothing. This was in 2012. I made all the repairs I could and when offered I disavowed the Arab links. Some rankings came back but I never got my main one back. Like I said I am not a tech so maybe didn't know of things I could do. Despite all this my business was continuing and has done fairly well since but not as it should be.

By now you must be thinking "Why didn't she hire a tech?". I did - twice. Both of them took off with my money and never gave me the site I paid for - nothing. I ended up having to do the site myself such as it is.

Ok, now I am getting off topic and I apologize for that. I have been looking around for other domains but only found a few that aren't premium priced. I can't do that so I am open for more suggestions in cool sounding names with stained glass or art glass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads