Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By khenney
  • 1 Post By delstu
  • 2 Post By khenney

Thread: Silverlight 6 Hosting Advice?

Member #

Exclamation Silverlight 6 Hosting Advice?

Hello, I'm currently looking for windows hosting that support ASP.NET and latest version of Silverlight (which is Silverlight 6)?

I need cheap hosting but great service. I know I shouldn't expect too much but best service is important, don't you think? So people will keep coming back and host their website further more like i'll definitely do.

Also, I found an article that explain about windows hosting that support Silverlight 6. Click here to read the article

Have anyone tried one of those hosting in the article above? Which one do you think is best? Please kindly respond. Thank you for your help

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Silverlight 5 was the last version of Silverlight before Microsoft ceased development.

Forgive my suspicious nature, but it's a little unclear whether the point of your post was to get advice or to promote that article you linked. Usually someone asking for hosting advice would mention the hosts they were considering, rather than linking to a somewhat spammy article that was written just hours ago (it hasn't even been index by Google yet, so it's very unlikely you came across it in a search).

Maybe you could tell us a little more about your specific hosting needs so we could give you more concrete advice?
    delstu likes this.
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm suspicious too. Not only is the article written recently, but the link to it is a bit.ly (tracking) link. People don't embed articles using bit.ly that are legitimate, unless there's a reason I don't yet know about.

So...I'm giving 24 hours for the OP and one shot to supply a valid reason.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by khenney View Post
    Silverlight 5 was the last version of Silverlight before Microsoft ceased development.

Forgive my suspicious nature, but it's a little unclear whether the point of your post was to get advice or to promote that article you linked. Usually someone asking for hosting advice would mention the hosts they were considering, rather than linking to a somewhat spammy article that was written just hours ago (it hasn't even been index by Google yet, so it's very unlikely you came across it in a search).

Maybe you could tell us a little more about your specific hosting needs so we could give you more concrete advice?
    Hi Kevin. What odds are you giving that she will even be back to read your response?
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Hi Kevin. What odds are you giving that she will even be back to read your response?
    Probably about the same as the odds that "she" is the girl in the profile photo
    Last edited by khenney; May 10th, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
    delstu and Vapr_Arts like this.
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcorneliaz View Post
    I need cheap hosting but great service. I know I shouldn't expect too much but best service is important, don't you think
    I can never get over people that think like this. Granted I see it was just to spam the forum with a link. I just don't get peoples logic that say this and actually mean it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I can never get over people that think like this. Granted I see it was just to spam the forum with a link. I just don't get peoples logic that say this and actually mean it.
    I apologize if you think that this is a spam.
    I already asked some people before I go to this forum, looking for some advice if that make sense.
    Someone provide me the link.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Who did, and where can we see the link that was provided to you? Yes, you're allowed to link to another forum if you posted this somewhere and another user gave you the link.

Mind you, I'm not buying the story unless I see proof.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads