Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

DNS redirection issue?

Hi,

Im having trouble with one of my domain names ending up in a redirection loop and am very confused about whats causing it.

I have a Magento based website that has 4 store views, each one has a seperate domain name .no .se .dk and .fi

I have just moved this site onto a new server but am having trouble with just one of the domain names the .no one.

For all the other domain names the new site works fine yet the .no one gets stuck in a redirection loop and the user never reaches the site. This problem only happens for customers that have been on the website on the old server and the new site appears to work perfectly for any new visitor.

I am very confused by this as all the tests I have done show the domain names and website forwarding correctly so I can only think it is a problem with a cookie that has been set on the old server. If I am on a computer that has the problem and I clear the cache and cookies I can then use the site.

If it is a problem with an old cookie, how can I solve the issue other than calling up all the old customers and telling them to clear their cookies?

Does anyone have any other idea about how to solve this or what could be causing it?

Thanks

Remove Ads