Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By bleau canon
  • 1 Post By turboguy
  • 1 Post By bleau canon
  • 1 Post By turboguy
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By bleau canon
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Positive Web Host Reviews

Member #
    Liked
    189 times

Positive Web Host Reviews

Reading some of the online web design and hosting communities it seems bad reviews are the norm and outweigh the positive reviews.

Sometimes I think a lot of this is the individual boinked out of shape with a host and wants to try and hurt the host even though it's a good host.

I would like to give a positive review to KVC Hosting. We've used their services for many years with shared and reseller accounts for a lot of our clients.

About a year ago, can't really remember, we got a managed vps with KVC for testing purposes. We've never encountered any issues with the vps and they recently upgraded it for us.

The vps is fast, and their support tickets from us have always been answered within a matter of minutes,

Thanks KVC for the superior work you do and your excellent support to us.
    turboguy and TheGAME1264 like this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I am glad you posted that. It always seems to me when someone asks for a recommendation for a hosting company there are far more posts about who to avoid than there are who someone has had good luck with. It is nice to see a positive review on a hosting company.

I use about 6 different hosting companies and I can't say any stand out as being exceptionally bad or good. I am actually looking to add one more but to get rid of about 4 of the ones I have been using so I am always happy to see a good recommendation
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    I am glad you posted that. It always seems to me when someone asks for a recommendation for a hosting company there are far more posts about who to avoid than there are who someone has had good luck with. It is nice to see a positive review on a hosting company.

I use about 6 different hosting companies and I can't say any stand out as being exceptionally bad or good. I am actually looking to add one more but to get rid of about 4 of the ones I have been using so I am always happy to see a good recommendation
    Thanks Turboguy and I agree with you. Over the years we've used a lot of host, some are still here but most have faded away.

To us "support", and fast and knowledgeable support is an important issue with us. I think a lot of people will buy cheap small shared hosting and expect it to run like a full blown dedicated server and never have any problems, and the host hurts their feelings when it doesn't work that way. So, they try to trash the host.

I've always been a believer in trying to continue working with a host through the good times and bad times with them unless they just flush themselves down the toilet under the EIG brand, then is boogie time away from them.

I would like to see more positive host reviews on this board. As far as I'm concerned this is the best web design community in the net.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Aug 04th, 2016 at 02:10 PM.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Yes, I can't say I have had any close up shop but have had a number of hosting companies who have sold out to someone else and some more than once. After a while you lose track of everything. One of the ones I did use sold out to EIG and they are on my list to replace.
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'll throw one up because I think it's a good idea, although I'll throw a very predictable one up.

Sectorlink. To me there is Sectorlink and there is everyone else...much in the way there is Google for search, and then there is everyone else. I've been with them for over 14 years and I don't plan on moving. When I have issues...which isn't very often these days at all, so that's a plus...I get support. More importantly, I get the support that lets me know that someone understands what I'm talking about and can answer my questions. When you're me, that's pretty hard to get because when I ask a question, it's not a "how do I print?" kind of question.

I also know for a fact that they'll do their best to support third-party software/scripts where/when possible. I even know of a scenario where they have tried to support a cart after the developers of the cart folded up the tent and bailed...which NO host ever does. I know that for a fact because I've helped them with the cart in turn. Find me any other host that will do that and I will gladly consider them as well, but I doubt that host exists. It sure isn't an EIG host! With that said, I don't think people should lean on Sectorlink...it's not really their job or their duty. They just do it because they want to make sure their customers are doing well if they can. That's why we exist.

I've said a ton on here about them, so I won't tie up the thread with a long post. I'll just say this: Sectorlink is like a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry...they're not overly flashy, and they're not about bells and whistles, but they're dependable, reliable, and cost-effective.

The KVC Hosting looks interesting to me, but moreso because they're an apparent reseller for singlehop.com. Singlehop.com offers Windows hosting as well. Not quite as inexpensive as Sectorlink, but it at least gives me a better plan B than I had before....so this thread is already a positive.
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    I think a lot of people will buy cheap small shared hosting and expect it to run like a full blown dedicated server and never have any problems, and the host hurts their feelings when it doesn't work that way. So, they try to trash the host.
    25CentHost.com sucks because they don't offer SSD and I can't store 1 TB of videos that I shot of my cat running along the fence outside. Screw 25CentHost.com. -500 stars! *

* - I have no idea if 25CentHost.com is a real thing. I just made it up. If it is a real thing, this may or may not be a real review.
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I'll throw one up because I think it's a good idea, although I'll throw a very predictable one up.

Sectorlink. To me there is Sectorlink and there is everyone else...much in the way there is Google for search, and then there is everyone else. I've been with them for over 14 years and I don't plan on moving. When I have issues...which isn't very often these days at all, so that's a plus...I get support. More importantly, I get the support that lets me know that someone understands what I'm talking about and can answer my questions. When you're me, that's pretty hard to get because when I ask a question, it's not a "how do I print?" kind of question.

I also know for a fact that they'll do their best to support third-party software/scripts where/when possible. I even know of a scenario where they have tried to support a cart after the developers of the cart folded up the tent and bailed...which NO host ever does. I know that for a fact because I've helped them with the cart in turn. Find me any other host that will do that and I will gladly consider them as well, but I doubt that host exists. It sure isn't an EIG host! With that said, I don't think people should lean on Sectorlink...it's not really their job or their duty. They just do it because they want to make sure their customers are doing well if they can. That's why we exist.

I've said a ton on here about them, so I won't tie up the thread with a long post. I'll just say this: Sectorlink is like a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry...they're not overly flashy, and they're not about bells and whistles, but they're dependable, reliable, and cost-effective.

The KVC Hosting looks interesting to me, but moreso because they're an apparent reseller for singlehop.com. Singlehop.com offers Windows hosting as well. Not quite as inexpensive as Sectorlink, but it at least gives me a better plan B than I had before....so this thread is already a positive.
    We're very familiar with Sectorlink and have two of our business clients in Canada hosted with them. Never had a problem with them.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Hahaha...I think we understand what you're saying. There seems to be a lot of folks hosted with 25centhost.com
    I think EIG has their business hosted on one of their resellers.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Aug 04th, 2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereli View Post
    I also heard a lot of negative reviews about 25CentHost.com and immediately knew that I would not use their services. I have chosen a proven hosting company (webstars) I like it. I use a lot of different host companies, but there are very fast and high quality support. Good luck to all!
    Really? Would you like to share the negative reviews of 25CentHost.com? I'm sure the rest of us would be interested in reading them since I kind of sort of y'know invented them and such.
    bleau canon and turboguy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Really? Would you like to share the negative reviews of 25CentHost.com? I'm sure the rest of us would be interested in reading them since I kind of sort of y'know invented them and such.
    lol
    Bleau

Remove Ads