Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Subdomain advice needed please

I am making some changes to a website and it has been so long since I did anything like this I am not totally sure what I am doing.

I am trying to set up a sub domain. I have created the sub domain address and set up a link so its root is public_html/fightingspirit.

Now I want to install Wordpress on this subdomain. I have selected the subdomain and installed it. It gives me a link, which is this: www.tld.com/wp-admin/install.php

I just want to be sure I have done everything correctly before I click install and determine this is only going to install Wordpress in the subdomain and not replace my whole site.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Member #
    If you are trying to install WP into the subdomain, simply drop the WP files into the subdomain folder and run through the installation. If you are migrating your site you would just have to make sure your configuration file info is all correct.

Try the link subdomain.yourdomain.com/wp-admin. If youve got it right then it should work with no issues.

Member #
    I agree with @WHGBTom

Remove Ads