Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

downloading a website through FTP

I have two separate accounts on Bluehost with one domain/website in each. I now want to have only one account hosting the two websites.

I think I am supposed to download my website through FTP, close account A and then upload my website on account B.

Well, it is proving more difficult than I first thought for various reasons. My website is very simple so I am now thinking of simply copying blurbs and pics from my site, closing my account A and starting a fresh build of my website on account B (which I am planning to do anyway).

I have some questions before I do that:
    1 - Can I just do that ?
    2 - Is it detrimental to the name? (I mean : place in search engines for example...). I am assuming a site collects some kind of "tags" by being there for several years compared to a fresh new site. It would be like losing our place in a queue.
    3 - Do I have to "cancel" something? I mean is the domain name somehow attached to a build site even if it is not hosted?

Many thanks for your answers in advance.

Remove Ads