Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Web hosting with support in the USA

Member #

Web hosting with support in the USA

Hi everyone....This is my first post! This looks like a really cool site. I have been with the same hosting company probably 10-12 years. I only have 1 complaint; I can never hear or understand them on the phone should I have to call them. Its the only hosting company I've used, and Ive been happy with them except for this. And maybe they're all like that... But Im in a position now to take on a few more clients and Im wondering if I should find a hosting company with support in the USA. The last call I had with my current hosting company was very frustrating trying to explain, and hear what they were saying to me. Thanks in advance for any recommendations or insight.

Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    I have used about a half dozen or more hosting companies. With many I have never needed to contact customer support so it is hard to rate them on that but there is one hosting company that I have used that I would have to rate their customer support as beyond amazing. That one is Cyberlynk. I have used their customer support a number of times and it is usually Frank that gets back to me and he responds within minutes of me filing a support ticket and bends over backwards to fix whatever issue I have.

As a contrast the I just put in the first support ticket with the first hosting company I ever used starting 15 years ago. I have two sites hosted with them and the support ticket if filed just asked one quick and easy question. It has been 48 hours and I still haven't heard back from them. I believe I started using them in 2002 but after this experience don't expect to be hosting with them any longer.

One of the other members often recommends a hosting company called sectorlink but I have never used them.
    delstu likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    If you are using Wordpress then Siteground is an excellent choice. For most anything else, you can't go wrong with Sectorlink. Unless neither of those provide what you need (very specific and unusual needs for a really advanced developer of which there are only a few here) you won't need to look further. I have no experience with Cyberlynk so cannot comment about them.

Those really advanced developers here (not me) may have more recommendations.
    Last edited by delstu; Mar 07th, 2018 at 12:08 AM.
    turboguy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    I am glad to hear the good reference on Siteground. I had mentioned I was going to dump the original hosting company that I had been with for 15 years for two sites. The one that still hasn't bothered to respond to the support ticket. The host I have planned to switch to for those two sites and one other is Siteground. They do seem to be a really good host for WordPress sites. I am sure they are fine for non WordPress sites as well but they do seem to be pushing hosting WordPress sites.

The sites that I am moving were not WordPress but my plans were to convert them to WordPress and one of the things I like about Siteground is they have staging areas available. That to me makes it much easier to develop a new site while leaving your old site active until the new site is done. Of course you could do much the same using a sub directory but it is much cleaner and easier using a staging area. I had been looking at Siteground for a few months and plan to sign up with them this week. Thanks for the nice comment about them.

Member #
    So I called a company last night, one that is in the "Top 10" by PcMag. I had a question to ask before I would consider them. They young lady asks me for my domain name. I told her I wasnt a current customer that I just had a question on one of their plans, and she told me that I needed to provide a domain name in order for her to answer questions for me. Does that sound even a little bit right? And in the background there were people talking, laughing and carrying on to the point I could barely hear her. I just said "never mind"......

Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Just out of curiosity I Googled the PC Mag top 10 hosting companies. A couple in the list are ones that are not particularly ones that most on this site would recommend. Hostgator and GoDaddy for example. I don't know that they are terrible and actually I have a half dozen sites hosted on GoDaddy and can't say I have had any reason not to be happy with them. With GoDaddy I have used the phone customer support a number of times and had quick responses and my problems taken care of. I have heard the support tickets or email support don't get answered very quickly but have never done anything but the phone support.

You mentioned them not talking to you unless you gave them your domain. A couple of days ago I did the online chat with a gal from SiteGround and she connected with me within 30 seconds of my clicking the button and answered all my questions well without asking anything about what domain I had or any personal information. She was very helpful and polite.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply turboguy...... Normally I would've used the live chat, but one of my reasons for actually calling was to hear the quality of the call, and get a better answer. Sometimes the live chat is kinda generic with the answer they provide and I end up picking up the phone anyways....I probably should've used the live chat.

Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    To me if a potential customer contacts a company regardless of being a phone call or online chat they should answer the potential customers questions.

I am not a big fan of top 10 lists. Many are really run by the company that comes out on top or in one case there is a company that owns about 30 different hosting companies so they just promote all of them.

You would expect something like PC magazine to be unbiased but I would be willing to bet that all 10 are advertisers with PC magazine and that you will never see a company that doesn't advertise with them in the top 10 list.

My suggestion is if you are going to use WordPress to create your site go with SiteGround. If you are not then go with SectorLink. The reality is that whoever you go with you will probably be fine with them. Most are pretty decent.

Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ashiraf View Post
    hallo try Shared Hosting from Riseshost Hosting am using them and their support is good by all email,phone call,livechat and ticket support...they have 30 day trial...
    The link works for me - it just takes a very long time to load. I disabled the link in my post because I don't believe anyone should try them under current conditions. It looks like this is probably a new one by the poster (only has 6 posts so not around long enough to gain trust). If ash becomes active enough to show some cred perhaps I would take ash more seriously. Time will tell.
    Last edited by delstu; Mar 07th, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

Member #
    Thanks for all the help guys. I just posted another post over in the "Web Marketing Discussion and Help" section. Take a look if youd like..... Thanks again....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads