Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By turboguy

Thread: How can i get my site online?

Member #

How can i get my site online?

I have all of my HTML pages together. All of my pics selected. Runs like a champ in Notepad ++.

Are my 2 next steps to register the domain name and then find a host?

If so, what advice do people have?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    For a domain name I would suggest either GoDaddy or NameCheap. Both are affordable, easy to manage and popular.

Some hosting companies will give you the domain name for free if you host with them. Personally I would avoid that like the plague. I would always want to make sure I had control of my domain name.

As far as hosting goes my favorite at the moment is SiteGround. They are terrific. Another that a former member praised highly was SectorLink. From everything I have hear they are also excellent.

Other popular and affordable hosting companies that some of the pro's don't like as well but there is nothing seriously wrong with them are GoDaddy, Hostgator and Blue Host. I do have a half dozen sites hosted with GoDaddy and their prices are reasonable, I have not had problems with uptime and customer support is not all that bad but not up to SiteGround.
    kgraham likes this.

Remove Ads