Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Best Structure for hosting

Thank you, everyone, I am new to the site. I am the head of operations for a company in Colorado with just enough website knowledge to cause trouble and sometimes fix it.

I am wondering the best way to set up a multi-use website. We currently have an e-commerce website. Built on WordPress and hosted at GoDaddy. I am looking to move the site to new hosting. After doing so we are going to add another layer to the site with an online school. I am looking at hosting on Deeply digital. What my question is is whether to host the site on one server or two. I would expect the use of the e-commerce site to be much higher than the e-learning site. However, I would expect the e-learning site to be resource-intensive. We are not hosting the video on the site itself, rather they will live on Vimeo likely. Does it make sense to use two droplets to host the different types of sites or just put everything on one and upgraded it as needed to support the whole load? I do realize that with two droplets we will have to keep both up to date. Trying to keep both sites running as quickly as possible.

Member #
    its just a numbers game, you can easily do the math of how big avg website page size (kb) and average db request size and then compare to your hosting capacity to figure it out. speed deteremined by bandwidth (page size) and then ping location (cant do much about pings, unless you get cloud hosting) ie: a website in china might load slower in usa
    Last edited by localdeveloperseatingmeal; Feb 04th, 2021 at 09:33 PM.

Remove Ads