Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hostingplex.com is good

HTTP://www.Hostingplex.com

I host my not so optimized flash web site here it loads really really quick! if you want to see it go to this thread :
    http://webdesignforums.net/thread11485.html

SSH enabled was a must for me when I was shopping because I compile a lot of stuff in shell at school, and the computers there are really sloww. Hostingplex lets me use SSH NO Photo ID required, I couldnt believe it since no other hosts I know let you do this without photo ID

They have lots of counters, CGI scripts, stats, tracking,..... tones
    And their were cheaper then most other hosts I checked out. I can't afford much right now

I have been with these guys for almost a month now, and I plan to stay. Good recommendations all around from me!

http://www.hostingplex.com

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Looks like they've been around just under 2 years. BTW, your home page is spelled wrong on your profile.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Thank-you

your right thank-you I would have never caught that!

Stupid Canucks lol

Member #
    The fact that they enable SSH for everyone isn't neccesarily a good thing. My host requires photo ID before enabling it, to protect the server from being abused. There's a reason that most hosts don't enable this by default. Going against the norm isn't always a good thing IMO.

Member #
    Hostingplex.com SSH inquerie

I sent your post to the admins for Hostingplex.com outta curiosity (I used no names) here is what they replyed:

<!--
    Hello Dave.

Yes I know some companies ask for photo ID, however this is pointless...
    1. It is next to impossible for the hosting company to verify the identification is valid.
    2. Even if its valid it could be stolen, that’s not uncommon for all out identify theft.
    3. Even if its valid and its truly the person, shouldn’t the hosting company be focusing on preventing hacking/problems, not making sure they know who to point the finger at? Such a silly approach, who told you this was an important step I am curious.

Offering SSH gives a user no extra access to the server in most hosting platforms as users are able to execute code anyway from within php or cgi etc...

We focus on preventing problems not identifying who was responsible.

Hope this helps

Kevin Moonlight
    Hostingplex.com
    -->

So I dunno, I trust that my company knows what they are doing. What do you all think?

Dave

Member #
    All I can say is, that their customer support must be pretty good...
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    We try

Remove Ads