Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

J&J
    Member #
    As the webmaster/web designer, I'm using www.godaddy.com for both domain name & hosting on business websites. They're not too pricey, you get domain emails to match, and in the years I've used them - the websites have yet to go down or disappear.

Also, you won't really need a counter because they have a section just for you - so you can see how many hits, which keywords were used to find your site, which URLs your visitors came from, which pages were most accessed, etc. It's a very detailed report.

I've used Network Solutions / VeriSign before and they cost more, gave less (functionality/benefits/tech support,etc), and does not have a user-friendly approach or web interface.
    ~ J&J ~
    "Sometimes I feel like I'm rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic."

Workin' | Family | Community | S.W.O.R.D. (NWN) | Unknown World | City of Petra (Matrix)

Member #
    I really like godaddy.com also. I do not host with them, but they're definitely one of the cheapest ways to get a domain registered.

Netsol/VeriSign is way overpriced for what they give you and their quality is so low, it's beyond belief.
    http://www.pearlsgirl.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird
    I really like godaddy.com also. I do not host with them, but they're definitely one of the cheapest ways to get a domain registered.

Netsol/VeriSign is way overpriced for what they give you and their quality is so low, it's beyond belief.
    Does anyone know how many domains you can host with godaddy? Because I am looking for a new host, and I want to host my site and a friends bands site so I will need more than 1 domain per person.

Member #
    I have seven domains registered with goDaddy and highly recommend them for that. I tried their hosting (admittedly the bargain plan) and didn't like it at all. It wouldn't accept my scripts and I had a hard time generally accessing features. YMMV especially with the more complete plans. I switched that domain to where all my others are, i.e. Digital Space. They're a really good service albeit below the radar for most host comparisons.

Remove Ads