Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello!
    I am the IT administrator for a book distributor. I have been tasked with finding (or building) a specialized email marketing software solution for our company. From what I've seen available so far, it would appear that we'll need to have this built for us. Here's the 'idea':
    Our books are coded with different relevant subjects (sometimes as many as 3) and our email list is also coded with relevant subject areas for each recipient. We want a system that can match our products to our email recipients and send a unique email to each recipient showing new books for the subject area's they are interested in.
    So far, all of the software I've seen approaches this from the traditional standpoint of sending one email to many people. Can anyone suggest a piece of software or service provider that could do this?
    Thank You
    Michael

Member #
    The concept (programming) behind matching appropriate books to recipient is pretty straight forward. I think where you might want to rethink the app is in the actual delivery of the emails. For one, most hosting companies limit the number of emails you can send (per hour or per day). Two, you run the risk of getting a large chunk of those emails sucked up by spam filters.

Consider getting a system created where you can export the list (and respective books) as a CSV and use a third party eblast company. In addition to the fact they are white-listed (verify before you sign up) with ISPs, you'll get the various reporting modules that come with it - bounces backs, error, opens ect.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by imagn
    The concept (programming) behind matching appropriate books to recipient is pretty straight forward. I think where you might want to rethink the app is in the actual delivery of the emails. For one, most hosting companies limit the number of emails you can send (per hour or per day). Two, you run the risk of getting a large chunk of those emails sucked up by spam filters.

Consider getting a system created where you can export the list (and respective books) as a CSV and use a third party eblast company. In addition to the fact they are white-listed (verify before you sign up) with ISPs, you'll get the various reporting modules that come with it - bounces backs, error, opens ect.
    Thanks!
    Can you recommend any third party companies that might be able to handle this sort of thing?

Member #
    Are you referring to the eblast portion? If so, there's literally hundreds out there. Our company has used:
    • iContact
    • Blue Hornet (Expensive side w/ high volume)
    • Constant Contact
    If I was forced to pick one, I'd go with iContact. I'm sure others here can suggest alternatives as well.

Remove Ads