Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I developed www.uroomsurf.com for a client. We launched it yesterday at 1:00 AM. Over the course of the first day of operations, the site received 10,000 visits and 100,000 pageviews. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! We're having problems adjusting to the traffic... looking at buying a 4x Quad-Core (16 processors!!) 64 Gig RAM RAID server to handle the load!

Check the Google Analytics for first day of traffic!!!! (below)

I should mention that the kids who came up with this idea have done NO ADVERTISING WHATSOEVER!!! All they've been doing is telling people about it on Facebook!!!

Check their Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/uroomsurf

You can see that they're very interactive with their members, and address all feedback almost immediately. This is by far the biggest social network marketing success I've ever been involved with. Good case study for anyone interested!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Check the analytics to see how many are coming from their facebook page, and how many are bots.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    They got 3,000 registered users in one day... I doubt many are bots. ;-)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Top Traffic Sources

direct 6,408 (61.46%)
    facebook.com 3,032 (29.08%)
    google 761 (7.30%)
    yahoo 25 (0.24%)

Member #
    I still can't believe it.How is it posssible in just a single day.But if it is true then surely this is the best example of best use of social networking sites.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Day 2 was 213,000 pageviews!!!!

That's over 300,000 pageviews in 2 days!

Almost 5,000 members now!

WOW!

Member #
    Almost 5,000 members now!
    PAID members?

If it ain't for pay, it is not viral marketing -- the topic of this section. If you had no monetization plan, you've just boosted your bills, not your income.

Nobody has learned thing one from the "we'll monetize later" dot com era. Not one single, solitary thing. Traffic is NOT the hard part. Viral is NOT the hard part of viral marketing, the marketing is.

And sorry, viral without marketing has been done to death. Big fat bills for increased bandwidth costs are nothing to get worked up over. Newspapers aren't failing because they couldn't figure out the traffic model -- they can't figure out the payment model!

The reason people don't say the term viral marketing is redundant is viral isn't marketing ....doesn't replace marketing ...doesn't eliminate the need for marketing.

Slapping up ads is really old hat too should you eventual go that route, certainly nothing to get worked up about either. Adding someone else's working model to yours doesn't necessarily mean yours works.

Is there a clue finding service. 'cause there's a real need for That!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    DC, DC, always thinking about the money! Don't worry about the money... there is a plan to monetize the site... through upgrade memberships with additional features, an online store, a student discount card with an established vendor list, and yes, even advertising. It's a solid plan, but will unfortunately require more than 2 days to roll out. :-)

PS - Talk to Google about how big a failure they are with their ad-income-only, free-for-users business model (which they used for their first 12 or so years of operations)! ;-)

Member #
    ad-income-only
    I mention that it is their model. In other words, but for them, fully nine-tenths of everyone else's models aren't all that "Holy &*%@! Successful."

Just for the record, when we subtract money, it's not really marketing. I do understand the university translation of the word marketing as "I dislike sales so I got into marketing," I just don't agree with it.

Not that it isn't a sweet deal, taking credit with zero responsibility for results. But don't count your Holy &*%@! Chickens when you have no eggs to hatch. That's why hit counters went out of style.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Fair enough... but there's no "viral NOT marketing" section on the site, so not sure where else this could have gone. ;-)

PS - URS sold their first ad today! And in 3 days, they've had 550,000 page views.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads