Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: link building

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    You both have your points. This one rings a bell:
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856 View Post
    Anybody. Please! Spammers, link farmers, directory hucksters, black hats ... Anybody at all.
    Nearly every link building service falls into one of these categories, probably all.

If you want to outsource you will have to find someone for each seperate area, such as:

• article writers
    • blog posters
    • forum posters
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Utube
    • Etc, etc, etc

Look for high quality in each category. Helpful and informative blog and forum posts - no spam! Good articles submitted to a few of the top article directories. Several people talking about your site on Facebook, Twitter, and don't forget video.

But YOU still have to manage your freelancers. Don't accept anything less than high quality.

Member #
    Nearly every link building service falls into one of these categories, probably all.
    I, for one, am shocked, SHOCKED. I just had to write it twice to underscore how completely unaware I was about what I, myself, wrote. Thank you for bringing me to my attention.

Pity not one offers link bait services. It'd be like a fish opening a bike shop.

Don't accept anything less than high quality.
    High quality ...spam, link farming, directory hucksterism and black hat tactics. All because of the refusal to offer quality content.

The first rule of SEO is never qualify for high rank when you can rig it. The first rule of marketing is never rig rank when you should qualify for it. See any reason for separate marketing and SEO forum sections there?

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856 View Post
    I, for one, am shocked, SHOCKED. I just had to write it twice to underscore how completely unaware I was about what I, myself, wrote. Thank you for bringing me to my attention.
    Sorry to upset you DC856. Was attempting to remain neutral while at the same time agreeing with you. This topic seems to be an emotional one for you, been there myself.

I believe one should build at least a few backlinks himself to get the ball rolling, but eventually, quality content will attract links naturally, as it should be.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    generally if you don't provide relevant content / good products / good services your site will fall out of favour... this is a natural function of Google so we donít really need to get too emotional about it, just have some faith... :-)

there are some dirty tricks which you may feel passionate about but none of them have been discussed here...

unless you think paying someone to do your marketing is a dirty trick :-) but then most companies would stand accused.... especially if they employed web designers!!... ;-)
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, DC856 is right. (S)he (I'm assuming it's a "he" from here on out just to make it easier to type) has the link spammer behavior completely nailed. Do not, do not, do not confuse directory/article/social media submission with true link building. The people that do this are nothing more than link dropping lemmings who focus solely on rank and believe performing the same menial task as millions of other lemmings will somehow guarantee first page Google ranking.

The building of quality links begins and ends with a quality site properly marketed with a company or individual that backs the site up with quality service. That's the formula. Right there. Niiiiiiiiice and easy. The reason that this formula works? The links you'll get from this formula will be earned, will generate the same traffic SEO is supposed to generate in the first place (why add a step when you don't have to?) and as an interesting side effect, you'll end up getting all sorts of interesting proposals from so-called SEO companies offering to sell you the work you've already done in the first place...so you'll know you've done it right!

Here's an example from one of the contact forms I've built:
    Marvin Maloney from Marketing Company has made the following questions/comments/suggestions:

Search Engine Marketing will increase your company‚?Ts online presence through comprehensive online marketing campaigns, targeted search engine optimization, and highly managed internet marketing promotions. A search engine marketing campaign will encompass several procedures and factors to make it successful. Please reply to this email so we can send you more details.

Email: miltonlake654@gmail.com
    And here's another:
    Shivam Pandey from Zoro Communication has made the following questions/comments/suggestions:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to introduce ourselves as a Search Engine Optimization company based on Noida India.
    To give you a quick background on Zoro Communications - we are a certified company located in India. We have been in business for the last 2 years and currently our team consists of link builders, SEO & SEM experts PPC.
    At the moment we employ over a 100 people all located out of one development center in India. The majority of the work that we do is with offshore customers and therefore we are well accustomed to working across different time zones.
    We are looking for specific alliances and partnerships with companies like yourselves where in the a some of the SEO work; our fundamental business model is to work with partners and hence we can safely guarantee complete confidentiality of the work being done for you. We also believe in working in a completely transparent manner and hence you would have completed access to our team at all times; we feel that a partnership between our companies could prove to be mutually beneficial as we could assist you in expanding your team in a cost effective manner.
    Please do let me know if you would be interested in taking this discussion further and we would be happy to provide additional information about our scope of services. For more information please visit our website:-(spam site removed)
    We will look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Shivam
    Zoro Communications | Noida India |

Email: info@semmiami.com
    Thanks to this one (which hit a contact form of mine 3 times in 6 hours), I learned that Miami (Miamai?) was part of India. There's your geographic lesson for the day.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    "The links you'll get from this formula will be earned, will generate the same traffic SEO is supposed to generate in the first place (why add a step when you don't have to?) and as an interesting side effect, you'll end up getting all sorts of interesting proposals from so-called SEO companies offering to sell you the work you've already done in the first place...so you'll know you've done it right!"

Game, have you ever received an email from a legitimate SEOer?

I've lost count of the number of emails I receive each month from allegedly qualified SEOers.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu, post: 202511
    "... as an interesting side effect, you'll end up getting all sorts of interesting proposals from so-called SEO companies offering to sell you the work you've already done in the first place...so you'll know you've done it right!"

I've lost count of the number of emails I receive each month from allegedly qualified SEOers.
    deltsu - I think you've missed the point of Game's post - but then again sarcasm, especially humourous sarcasm, is so hard to do in typed text...there should be some sort of styling for it in the font options - like " B I U [COLOR=rgb(255, 102, 0)]S [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][S]ABC[/S] " [/COLOR]
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Nah, Mare, I think he got it. The second line he posted is the indication that he knows what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by delstu, post: 202511
    As in a solicitation? No. But if I ever do, I'll buy long underwear because Hell will have truly frozen over at that point.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    OK - I'll give you that one, but I still wish we had some kind of "sarcasm formatting" like we do for bold, italic, etc. It would save me from a lot of secondary explanation e-mails and posts!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay...dude...I'm going to go the politically incorrect route here, but you're really going to need to work on your English if you want people to understand your point. I can't figure out of what you just said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads