Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: link building

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi what's the current thoughs on outsourcing link building?

I have used an indian company to build links for a customers site... the links were on reasnobly highly ranked pages (1-3) but there with lots of other links... and i wouldn't be surprised if they didnt last for long... of course these things were not specified...

Can anybody reccomend a company? Preferably abroard...?

Any opinions experiences would be useful...

Thanks -Hagen
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Hi what's the current thoughs on outsourcing link building?
    That these companies could care less whether they link to sites that drive completely uninterested traffic that will never buy.

I know that for a fact, as these companies come to contact me about linking to the very sites an article goes out of its way to lambaste or warn against.

What you're suggesting isn't link "building." It is being unable to build links, so you bribe, link farm, and otherwise forge links. Link forgery or spamming is a more apt term.

Try developing sites that (at least) have the chance of earning a link for a refreshing change of pace. Try linkbait content development. Try content driven web design. That's marketing.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi thanks for the reply...

:-) well i would prefer a company that does care... though not necessarily essential...

the main point is to outsource as it's not good use of my time to link build there are much better ways for me to spend my time...

and providing jobs for others is an added bonus... is good to share the wealth isn't it?

-Hagen

Member #
    not good use of my time to link build
    Didn't say it was. In fact, my suggestion was about getting links Without using your valuable time -- including the time wasted finding an outsource for forcing a site up the SERP.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    LOL that just involves me spending my time on marketing instead... :-)

so maybe i should be outsourcing to a marketing company...?

is a thought...

thanks

Member #
    LOL that just involves me spending my time on marketing instead
    Nope once again. Just building a website right in the first place.

Generic scrape-sites with nothing different from 50,000 competitor sites ...not so much.

All that's required is stop building sites with no earthly reason to exist. (No ...because you want the money and the client wanted "something" up by Monday isn't a reason; that's the excuse.)

Link building is a problem needing a hire because the site wasn't designed to be worth linking to.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    sounds lovely... but there is an economic reality out there... and just because you donít think a site should exist doesnít mean it shouldn't... in fact that goes against the fundamental principal of Net Neutrality... :-)

and some sites just need constant updating... there is no way round it... if for no other reason because the market constantly changes...

build static sites and you wonít get far... because what's relevant today just isnít tomorrow...

Member #
    just because you donít think a site should exist doesnít mean it shouldn't...
    Not my call. Not my point either.

Just because you can't conceive of link bait or content driven design doesn't mean the alternative is for a site not to exist at all. Net neutrality doesn't mean Google should give search engine spam the same rank as quality sites (to equally spin your point in the same way you spun mine).

Built search engine repellent all you want. Makes billing extra for link spam forcing the site up the serp all the easier.

and some sites just need constant updating
    Non sequitur, unless you're talking about made for adsense scraper sites. Now I don't think you are; but the game seems to be misrepresenting what the other is trying to say.

You really want to post in For Hire/Wanted. For all of my attempt to make it about marketing, you don't want a marketing alternative, so it's marketing avoidance at best. But more likely a for hire topic.

All you'd get from asking for a recommendation for a link spam company is an affiliate link spamming the outsource firm paying them ...go figure.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    is there anybody out there that isn't on a crusaid of some kind of other that has some inputs? :-) :-)

Member #
    some kind of other that has some inputs?
    Anybody. Please! Spammers, link farmers, directory hucksters, black hats ... Anybody at all.

Dear lord in heaven. Someone have mercy [sob]. Elsewise somebody might have to ...write. As in the SEO forum is right over here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads