Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've recently launched a site that has many affiliate programs and after two months, I've had over 100 'clicks' on various affiliate links. However, not a single one has produced any revenue.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I was thinking that even if one click turned into a sale, it would show as 'pending' however, out of 30 aff. programs, not one is showing a sale. Is this normal or expected? Is it possible the 30 or 60 day cookie will still take affect later?

Thanks for any advice!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Somewhat, yes. A lot of the anti-spyware programs are known to destroy affiliate tracking cookies.

It also depends on what you're affiliate-linking to. If it's low-grade, unoriginal, and/or doesn't present a unique value proposition, the conversion rate you'll see will be a lot lower as a result.

Mind you, over 100 isn't enough to evaluate the "success" of an affiliate link program. You need at least 300-400 clicks to get any kind of an idea at all.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for the advice. I'm sure you're right in that I need more traffic (and more clicks)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yea, but its not lost of tracking. You also have a few Programs that does Auto Surf of Certain Sites. I'm on them myself. Plus my Sites get about 20k-30k Impressions/Hits a Day. Yet very Little Revenue.
    Smowtion About $2.00 / Day
    Google Adsense About $5.00-$7.00 / Day.
    All Others Maybe $80 / Month
    Other Include Services, Sales Commission, Clicks/Signups (Like ShareAsale)
    However, I have a Sub-Affiliate I've been working with and I've seen his stats.
    He gets Almost 5k / Day and YET makes $100-$150 / Day.
    Its all about Content and what catches people attentions.
    If you have a Detail Tracking, Find out what the Average time people are staying on your site. If it's like 5-8 Seconds, then yea, its those Auto Surf Programs. If it's >1 Minute, you might have something there. Try Different Affiliate(s) and Affiliate Programs.
    Instead of having a link to Walmart on your site, maybe ad Target or K-Mart. In other words, dont change your niche, just change the location.

But heres some Affiliate Marketing Networks that might help.
    SahreAsale
    Commission Junction
    Linkshare
    Google Affiliate Network

Good Luck

Member #
    Thanks for the advice! I'd say if you're getting that much traffic/impressions per day, you must be doing something right. I'm still very much new to the 'Webmaster' world so trying to figure out what to expect with things....

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The length of time spent on a site doesn't imply much of anything as a general rule of thumb. I have a site with a particularly high bounce rate (over 60%) and yet it's popular. Why? Because the bounce rate is caused by the site directing people to the exact information they want right away. It doesn't have a thing to do with "Auto Surf" programs. Those are generally only used by get rich quick types looking to visit sites in order to get other get rich quick types to visit their sites and buy the same crap they probably already have either bought or long since lost interest in.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    That makes sense. My site has over 700 external links but I've never thought about the bounce rate that way. The overall average time a user spends on the site is almost 5 minutes which I think is a fairly good number and bounce rate is 37% which i'm not sure thats good or bad....

What is an 'Auto Surf' program?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    An "Auto Surf" program is a program where participants go to random sites and spend at least 30 seconds or so on the site and "evaluate" it in some cases. In exchange, the participants get random visitors to their sites. The long and the short of it is that it's trash traffic.

As far as bounce rate is concerned, given the number of external links you have, I'd say that's fairly good. It's one of those statistics that's very misleading if you're not careful, though.

Member #
    Thanks for the info & advice!

Remove Ads