Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Is there a email service that allows you to send daily emails to subscribers automatically? Each subscriber however would be receiving a different email depending on where they live. Kinda like Groupon. Each subscriber receives a deal in their local market. Is there a email company that can do this? We have about 15000 emails that will be going out daily to subscribers in markets that we will be launching....I dont think Constant Contact or Mail Chimp allow anything like this though. I believe you need to have a php cron job setup is that correct?

Anyone have any experience or thoughts with this? Someone mentioned sendgrid.com but not sure if anyone else has any other ideas or thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    bluesky has this tool

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Is there any way to check who the email company's are that deliver all the spam to your email inbox? Those are the ones you are looking for.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    deltsu: No one in their right mind would want to use a spammer to send legitimate emails.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    i might be wrong but working with a database, a php script and cronjobs this seems to be very possible

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    You might clear this with your host before you start. They might think you are spamming and give you a hard time.
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you need to automate daily email sends, you'd have to do a Windows Task Scheduler sort of thing, the equivalent of which is (I believe) a PHP cron job. You won't be able to use any of the email blasting software that I've ever seen because none allow for scheduled emails.

However, there are a few problems I see with your approach:

1) You're sending daily emails to a lot of people with offers customized to geographic area (or so the story goes). That's going to create a red flag for any of your Yahoo! subscribers, if no one else. Yahoo! is just looking for an excuse to block email, and it doesn't have to be a good one. You send 1000 emails at once to Yahoo!, you're going to be rejected by their spam filter...I can all but guarantee that.

2) Your host may not permit that kind of volume per day. GoDaddy, for example, restricts SMTP outbound emails to 1000 per day, even on dedicated boxes.

3) You're running a Groupon/Living Social clone from the sounds of it. I never understood the logic behind building a clone of something. First of all, there's no way to tell whether or not the original is actually working. You don't know whether or not it's making money. Second, building a replica of a site does not actually replicate the business model, nor can it. The things that go on behind the scenes can't be replicated because they can't be seen. But that doesn't seem to stop anyone..."the site works because I say it works, so I'll go ahead and copy it."

I guess that means within 12 months, we'll see Groupon clone scripts for sale along with the Youtube clones, Digg clones, Facebook clones, etc. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that...no, really, I can't.

4) How did you get subscribers before you launched? Unless you gathered them double opt-in, chances are you're going to have a low response rate.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired, post: 202547
    deltsu: No one in their right mind would want to use a spammer to send legitimate emails.
    Yes, but it sounds to me as though he wishes to spam an email list. Even if they are legitimate subscribers, they will tire of this tactic very quickly.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    I saw it as the OP asking how to do mass emails to localized groups. COULD be spam, but wording suggests something more on the level.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    You may be right Wired, but it struck me differently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads