Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Recently I built a website called joynz.com. Basically it helps link people from different creative mediums, so maybe a filmmaker could go there looking for a composer, or a comic book writer could go there looking for a colorist. I felt like such a site could fill a demand, since time and time again I would go to sites and forums relating to a specific art form and see people posting about where they could go to find someone with a talent outside their skill set. Anyway, check out the site for more info.

The site is based on joomla and I made tons of modifications to the code, learning as I went, and paid for a few features I couldn't figure out how to do. I've received great feedback but I feel like I've taken the design/programming side of it as far as I can for now. I'm looking for a creative designer who ideally has programming skills as well, who can help make the site slicker and more appealing. If you know SEO and have marketing ideas as well, EVEN BETTER. I'm willing to make someone an equal partner in this if they have the right skill set. I think it's an awesome opportunity since much of the work (conception, initial design, etc) has already been established.

Don't hesitate to contact me with questions.

Best,
    Neal
    info@joynz.com

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Here are some free tips.

*I love the idea of the site
    *I like the overall design and feel of the site

Now for the tips.

SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO.

Start Collaborating, the sign up button,have a look inside... are all images. They need to be turned into text.

Also above the contact us help and FAQ etc you should place a few paragraphs of text with your key phrase as an H1 tag in it. Google will need CONTENT to figure out what your site is about, and rank you accordingly for it.

So as an example, if your number one keyphrase you want to be found for is Creative Collaboration, then your homepage text would look something like this.

Creative Collaboration
    Joynz! helps link people from around the world in different creative mediums. Here you can find other people relating to your specific art form and find someone with a talent outside their skill set. etc etc etc etc etc etc
    Also, quickly scaning through your src code, I found this....

Code:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tr><td nowrap="nowrap"><a href="/contact" class="mainlevel" >Contact Us</a><span class="mainlevel"> &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp </span><a href="/help" class="mainlevel" >Help &amp; FAQ</a><span class="mainlevel"> &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp </span><a href="/terms-conditions" class="mainlevel" >Terms &amp; Conditions</a></td></tr></table>

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I like your site and the idea, I don't have the time to offer a "partnership" as you mention due to lots of other commitments, however if you do find yourself a partner who knows programming etc give me a shout. I have lots of experience in SEO and I am willing to lend a hand in return for some kind of favor in the future.

Best regards
    Arran Wood

Member #
    I like your idea as well. I'm just now learning how to wrap my head around programming but I'm trying to build a website that revolves around a creative idea that I have.

Remove Ads