Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As the subjectline suggests I've been trying to gather research on such tools. I've so far looked at BuzzStream and HubSpot. HubSpot looks like a winner so far but I wanted to get others' opinions who may be making use of better resources.

I initially took on social media projects for small businesses. Now, we've recently began to deal with medium to large clients, running mutlichannel campaigns. The free tools im using, initially only put in place for the odd project for a little client here and there, are slowing me down and limiting my clients' results.

I need a tool that is:
    - comprehensive. (e.g. not 'just' social oriented, and if social not 'just' twitter...etc) i'd like to manage and track social and seo, listen for opportunities, and ideally monitor website performance too via google analytics integration/support.
    - reporting. my primary problem at the moment is the length of time it takes me to do customised reports for people. well laid out reporting structure is essential
    - doesn't require months of 'familiarising' myself with the platform
    - is reliable..obviously.
    - doesn't put your cost-to-client thru the roof.. ideally.

Any suggestions, or anyone care to review HubSpot or BuzzStream?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This ultimately sounds like a DIY tool in the end.

The one thing I can say is that Analytics will ultimately take care of any SEO-related stuff and the tracking of any social buzz that's doing you any real good (i.e. the referrals). You don't really need to track keywords or ranking or any search-results stuff, because that's a pointless exercise at best. And you wouldn't need to know if @RandomIdiotNumber9 with 3 followers posted a comment about your company because there's no way to know if @RandomIdiotNumber9 even visited your company or its site and because the 3 followers would be highly unlikely to do/buy anything if there's no recorded activity as the result of @RandomIdiotNumber9's post.

So all you really need is the ability to find 'opportunities', which I'm guessing means conversations and topics you can join in on without being spammy. That should reduce your costs somewhat. I wouldn't know what tool does this other than say a customized feed reader setup, but at least this should be easier to deal with.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So all you really need is the ability to find 'opportunities', which I'm guessing means conversations and topics you can join in on without being spammy.
    Exactly. It's cool for me to use potentially spammy tools like Xrumer, im fine with that, there's value in this tool for me without the option of being spammy - finding the places to post your non-spam, manual, useful comments. Xrumer, i dont think is much use any more.. since the panda update.

So I'm trying to find recommendations

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Check out "Sprout Social" I had a buddy recommend it to me the other day. I haven't tried it yet, but their functionality looks Syc..
    "I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a hell of a life" - Jack Gartside

My Company | Blu Wave Media | Charleston Web Design

Remove Ads