Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi everyone

I'm involved in a project creating a new "digital services" microsite for my company. The development of this site is dragging on a bit and I have a view to beginning to build a 'presence' online for the new 'brand' whilst the site is still in development.

I wondered if I could audit my ideas to you guys incase I am making any mistakes or there are things that are more worth my effort (perhaps ones marked * are not so good ideas?? Depending on duplicate content factors.. penalisations..?). Here are the things I thought of:

- Create profiles on relevant social networks. I was thinking primarily Twitter and Linkedin.
    - Begin building network on those profiles, and posting generic and relevant content to do with the services we'll offer, often giving others in the network "kudos" by posting things such as: "@user just posted a really great resource!"
    - Transfer all my personal, digital-service-related bookmarks over to a new, company Google bookmark account. Syndicate these bookmarks out, as I add new ones, to other bookmarking accounts that I will have created specifically for the company.
    - Find RSS feeds and syndicate their content to the company social and bookmark accounts*
    - Add the new 'brand' to relevant business directories, and after this, Google Places/maps.
    - Create a quick 'holding page' as we already have the domain. Syndicate all our social updates and bookmark updates to this keyword optimised holding page*

Would be great to get some input here, and of course feel free to make use of these suggestions if it is the case that they're valid

Thanks !

Remove Ads