Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi All,

I belongs to a Software company which creates iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android and Web applications. I want to do web marketing of my company and so developed a facebook page of my company. I want more and more people to come to that page and so the growth of business.

Your response and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Know your products and your target market. That's it.

If you're doing what typical offshore companies do and looking for the generic one-size-fits-all answer, stop here and stop now. It doesn't exist. It never has, it never will, and it never should.

The fact that you even have to ask this question suggests that you're lacking knowledge in at least the latter and in all likelihood the former. You don't understand who your potential customers are, what they want, or how to reach them. Since the answer to that is specific to your business, you're just going to have to figure that out yourself if you can.
    delstu likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 224804
    Know your products and your target market. That's it.

If you're doing what typical offshore companies do and looking for the generic one-size-fits-all answer, stop here and stop now. It doesn't exist. It never has, it never will, and it never should.

The fact that you even have to ask this question suggests that you're lacking knowledge in at least the latter and in all likelihood the former. You don't understand who your potential customers are, what they want, or how to reach them. Since the answer to that is specific to your business, you're just going to have to figure that out yourself if you can.
    Thanks, I agree with you and got the point.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The easiest way is to search groups and pages relevant to your website having thousands of the fans or members. Post the links of your website there to attract visitors. If they find your website interesting, than they will definitely like your page.
    Free website templates | Free mobile templates | Free joomla templates
    Webmasters & web designer can download web templates and use them in their own sites and for their customers.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Billy, post: 225716
    The easiest way is to search groups and pages relevant to your website having thousands of the fans or members. Post the links of your website there to attract visitors. If they find your website interesting, than they will definitely like your page.
    So again, it basically comes down to first having good content. After that, go make the links.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks Billy and AlphaMare for your suggestions. I agree quality content is must.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Because of how popular Facebook likes are and how they are actually being accounted for now by Google in terms of SEO, it would be smart to have not only a Facebook button on your website, but the actual like button for your Facebook page static on your website's templates somewhere. People are generally lazy, so making it easy for them to like your website's Facebook page would be a helpful, quick, and non-spammy way to push your site up the ranks in Google.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Bernett, post: 232577
    Because of how popular Facebook likes are and how they are actually being accounted for now by Google in terms of SEO, it would be smart to have not only a Facebook button on your website, but the actual like button for your Facebook page static on your website's templates somewhere. People are generally lazy, so making it easy for them to like your website's Facebook page would be a helpful, quick, and non-spammy way to push your site up the ranks in Google.
    I'd like to see some actual "something" written by google or a representative of google saying what you just said is accurate.

I've read that and heard that from several supposed SEO experts, but you know, I really don't tend to take things at face value that make no sense.

Google GENERALLY tends to pickup on new trends ( not to necessairly use for ranking purposes ), but to see how it can affect search rankings... If they see the potential and see actual cases of abuse, they usually dump it as a metric for search results in the general pool.

So by what you're saying, if a person has 1,000,000 likes their site should be above a site that has none ?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Someone with 1,000,000 likes will generally have a lot more going for them in terms of SEO than someone with no likes. Obviously, you can't only use Facebook likes to move up SERPs. It is just one of those items that a lot of people overlook when it comes to SEO. It's also really easy to get started. And considering most people already use Facebook, it isn't some secret technology that you have learn or be taught by an expert.

In terms of trends, my understanding is that a trend typically means relevant or important among society. This plays a large role in SERP rank. Considering it would be impossible to just gain a large amount of likes through an unnatural method, there is no need to worry about a abuse when it comes to using Facebook as an SEO tool.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    SEO = something you have complete control over and can change to affect outcome. Ie: optimizing your content on your site, making sure proper keywords are relevant, etc... Things you do on YOUR site.

SEM = something you do to TRY and affect a change but someone else may actually have control over it... ie ... Posting in forums, link farming, etc... ( if those people delete your post or links, nothing you can do about it )....

SEO will affect SERPs , SEM may have an affect, but when SEM measures change, it affects SERPS in the opposite... Since search engines don't want to constantly monitor possibly thousands of items that can change in minutes or hours... SEM weighting is minimal... Yes it can and does have an effect, but not as big of an effect as some people would like to believe.

That's why backlinks from relevant ( relevant to the site that is linked to as well as where the link is at ), carry so much weight... And why a back link from a link farm means absolutely nothing now...

Facebook has become the new link farm for SEO wannabes... And people actually believe them... Fan pages only benefit is when someone actually clicks a link to the site... No link weight in NOFOLLOW links.

I've been doing log file analysis for clients for years, as well as analytics of incoming traffic and SERPS monitoring...

None of my clients have ever seen a jump in SERPS from having over 2000 fans...( several of my clients have that many )... The only jumps is seeps come from actual SEO ( real SEO efforts ), and the occasional press release.

If you know of some factual data that shows differently I'd be interested in seeing it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads