Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: SEO or SEM?

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    As Game has told us repeatedly, there is no such thing as offsite SEO! You simply cannot optimize that which you do not control.

What you do offsite to build search traffic is called SEM (search engine marketing).

Since the human race is inherently lazy they have lumped everything under the "SEO" listing, even though it is misleading (wrong).

Acquiring backlinks through article marketing, forum posting, blog Commenting and everything else that everyone lists when talking about SEO or SEM are virtually a waste of time if you do much of it. You can do a very small amount of these things to get started, but a continuing program of such tactics wastes a lot of time.

The easier it is to acquire a link, the less value that link has.

So spread a wide net. Do things for your business that require at least some WORK!

Instead of submitting articles to content farms, give your article to someone in a related niche with a high quality site that has PR. Become a guest blogger. Contribute something real to a community whether it is Facebook or some other social media (interact with your market). There are 100s of ways to market your business - find the ones that work for YOU.

SEO is easy; marketing requires WORK!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I just stickied this. It's that awesome.

Read it, learn it, love it. If you don't fully understand it, don't claim that you do and post a generic response.

Anyone caught posting generic responses that indicate that haven't read what delstu has written will be banned automatically. I'm going to preserve the awesomeness of this thread by any means necessary.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Finally,

I was just thinking this after reading several post on "Offsite SEO", started to make a comment along these lines, but got busy. Probably would not have been said as clear and concise as this.

Sadly, it seems like more and more people in this industry are looking for the "Silver Bullet" to SEO and or SEM. The fact is.... there is no sliver bullet answer to any of this stuff, it takes time and effort to build a reputation for anything, on a rare occasion something comes along that is massively popular in a very short period of time, but then again, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't think I could have summed it up this nicely either. I'd have gone well below the fold trying to type out my response to all the stupid "forum submission/directory submission/social bookmarking" BS.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads