Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi folks,

Iím planning to start an online store to sell some handmade stuff but Iím not sure which service is better. I narrowed my options to iHave Market (http://ih.biz/emarket-features) and Big Cartel (http://bigcartel.com).

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Never heard of either one.

How many products are you planning on selling ? As most paid services have different price breaks based on the number of products.

Most of the stuff about online shopping I've seen posted is what cart software to use to run your own.

There is always a lot to consider? Who is their payment processor ? What percentage do they keep ? Will you sell enough to warrant the monthly expenses ? Those expenses cost the same wether you make 1 sale or a hundred sales per month.

What many people venturing into online sales never realize is that just because you put something up for sale, doesn't mean people will buy it.

I have several friends that have been doing this for several years, and they spend more time marketing and trying to get their sites noticed and linked to, than they spend selling.

Member #
    Take a look at acart.biz, if you are interested we can help you get setup for free

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I think Bigcartel is cool. Something like $10/month? And it's a really simple layout. They resize pictures automatically though, and usually looks a bit off...

I could also recommend Mal's E-Commerce. I think they have a free and premium option. Haven't tried them yet, but they definitely seem to be top-notch in terms of hosted carts.

-R

Remove Ads