Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi,

I'm currently looking for some help on how to combine offline and online media.
    I'm a student webdesign and we have to create a campaign for a person (we can choose who...) to run for president of the US. (only one condition, it has to be a republican candidate).

I'd like to combine offline and online media to get my visitors more involved, so they raise more money and are sure to give their vote for my candidate.

If anyone could help me find a good idea to combine offline media (iPhone, iPad, ads, ... you name it) with my online website, that would be great!

I'm not looking for someone to make this project for me! I'm only looking for some inspiration, a good idea, something to get me started

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    So please define "off-line" again ... Your examples given are all "on-line" based on my definition...

Member #
    Well for example a billboard or a poster on the street that contains for example a QR-code and when you go to it you go to something of importance (unique) on the website.

I'm trying to combine offline concepts and get the user more involved in the campaign... if you understand what I mean

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Ok... So here's the problem with your concept of getting people involved...

With US politics... You have 2 kinds of people... Those that don't give a crap about it and make a personal choice based on a few talking points that a friend of a friend of a friend mentioned to them... They ignore news cycles, avoid anything and everything to do with politics.

Then you have he very small percentage of people that stay informed by traditional means.. Try and absorb as much information as possible so when they make a choice they make an informed choice. They keep up And pay attention to news, but they too ignore ADs per say about politics... SuperPACS have killed any chance of anyone ever paying attention to any kind and medium of ADs.

Because they ( superPACS of both parties ) , distort facts and pretty much make up information... People that understand this and actually follow politics... Ignore it all.

Probably not what you wanted to hear... But that's my take on it...

Member #
    Okay thx for the input but after a few days of thinking I've come up with the following ideas...

1. Creating bilboards with slogans on that represent the candidate his/her position on on different political points with on it a QR-code that users can scan with their iPhone/Android phone and go to a page on the website where they can vote on that political point if they think it's an important point. (that way the user gets more involved even when they aren't behind their pc but just walking in the streets)

2. I'm going to allow users to register to my website and post own made promotional movies / images (banners, ads, ...) for my presidential campaign. This way I get the whole community involved in advertising for my candidate.

I'm also going to build up my campaign around 2 critical and very important political points for my candidate:
    1. Support for gun ownership
    2. The teaching of Intelligent Design in science classes in schools

What I'm not looking for is some guidance/inspiration on how to represent these 2 political points in my design of my website and/or ads. It has to be in some sort of "fun??" way that makes users want to vote on my candidate even more because they like the idea he has about these political points.

Anyone any ideas? I would be appreciated thx!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    What I'm not looking for is some guidance/inspiration on how to represent these 2 political points in my design of my website and/or ads
    This sentence confuses me...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 231293
    This sentence confuses me...
    Oh I'm sorry it had to be "What I am looking for..." Typo...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If I were at your place, then I would have simply created a FaceBook fan page for the candidate. I've seen many FB users who always like to leap on any political issue. The only downside is you probably receive some negative comments about the candidate that you are currently promoting.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As BODHost have mentioned, you can use Facebook and create a fan page. You can always take advantage of social media to create awareness on any project - be it political or otherwise.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You did not really give many offline media examples. These include television, print advertisements, radio, and several other alternatives. If you want to combine them, then you just need to put links and urls on your offline media to point to your online strategies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads