Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I never looked at Pinterest or other sites like that, hell even Facebook and other social media sites do the same thing. When posting a photo on Facebook it doesn't ask if you are the sole owner of the photo but you can upload just about any none mature related image.

But I don't see this as a "huge" copyright issue, people aren't taken credit, selling, or doing whatever to the photo, just pinning it for whatever reason. If the photographer doesn't want this to happen then don't put it on the web or watermark it.

I know when I put stuff on the internet people might use it and that is fine as long as they don't take credit for making it. I use to design Forum Signature art and I come across people actually saying they made my art and even one person who was an impostor with my name and artwork on another graphic forum. So I feel I have a good understanding of both sides. But I look at the web as common use when it comes to Social media outlets.

Final point, when people ask where to get stock photos from I never say google because you can't contact the owner for permission to use and I do believe it is copyright infringement, I always recommend sxc.hu which you can get permission and use for whatever your purposes are.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Most of the Pics on there is already in like 15 Different places. but I use a few Pics for another website I have that deals with Romantic Vacation Spots. So I use the Photos to like Cancun and then add my website for the Link. But the pic for Cancun is already used several times. Just to be on the safe side. Also making sure Pics doesnt have other people in them.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Personally, I see Pinterest as an active and interactive form of the tried-and-tested marketing method, word of mouth. Pinterest being a referral engine also adds value to the group as a target audience in a way that people who join are those who openly express interest and contribute relevant feedback and information on topics or products filtering out those who join for spamming purposes. It also has a more appealing, creative and casual corkboard presentation of images as compared to Facebook.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    From my experiences, Pinterest has a way of attracting people that are normally not absorbed into larger online communities (save for Facebook, which seems to have everyone).
    As such, I could see it becoming an enormous venue for online marketers, and it seems to have limitless potential.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads